Daily Attention

Started by GGstudent, October 07, 2005, 07:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGstudent

If I am at the stage of growing which is between the incubation and the fruiting, would there be a problem if I had to leave the house for a week?  What about other stages...which is the most important for daily attention?

Thanks!

anno

QuoteIf I am at the stage of growing which is between the incubation and the fruiting, would there be a problem if I had to leave the house for a week?  What about other stages...which is the most important for daily attention?

Thanks!
[snapback]746[/snapback]

The most important time clearly is when it is time to harvest.
So, in the days after you see pins you should be able to check them at least once a day.

If you just birthed them, you can parobably leave them for a week unatended.

GGstudent

Thanks Anno for your advice.  I have another question about attention.  On the fungifun site it describes an incubator (http://www.fungifun.org/pf/incubator.htm) that requires 2 tubs.  It says to put water in the bottom one submerging a fishtank heater.  Can you tell me if anyone has tried this and how often they had to refil the bottom tub with water?  Thanks again.

anno

This is a very popular and often used design. The water evaporates very slowly, so you will have to check it only every few weeks, if not months.

joker_66599

QuoteThis is a very popular and often used design. The water evaporates very slowly, so you will have to check it only every few weeks, if not months.
[snapback]749[/snapback]

would this work smaller tub in a little bigger one with holes in the smaller one to let some of the hum. in the small one.  the bigger one would have a lid on it and possbly the smaller one not i don't see a need for it

or have one big tub and can find a way for the jars to sit on the bottom of the tub and have the warm water right around the jars them self and forget about the second tub?

but then again i am a noob at this

just thought about that while reading this topic

anno

>would this work smaller tub in a little bigger one with holes in the smaller one to let
>some of the hum. in the small one.

It would work, but you don't need such a high humidity for the jars at this stage.  Actualy it is better that the humidity is not that high at the incubation stage, "normal" room  humidity (~50% RH) is completely sufficient.

joker_66599

Quote>would this work smaller tub in a little bigger one with holes in the smaller one to let
>some of the hum. in the small one.

It would work, but you don't need such a high humidity for the jars at this stage.  Actualy it is better that the humidity is not that high at the incubation stage, "normal" room  humidity (~50% RH) is completely sufficient.
[snapback]776[/snapback]

Maybe but i live in AZ gonna see what the hum. is in the next 24 hours maybe 48 to see if i might need to do a change or two