Accidentally forgot second vermiculite layer. What do I do?

Started by cpljwlusmc, January 17, 2010, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpljwlusmc

Hey all,

I'm doing my first PF Tek grow project. I mixed the vermiculite, Brown Rice Flour and water, sealed the jars, sterilized them, and let them cool. Then I realized that I had forgotten to add the layer of vermiculite on top of the cake.

SHould I open it, add it, then resterilize? Should I ignore it? Should I trash it and start all over?

Help!

jabwemet

Personally, I would just do it over.  Think of it as practice.  Besides, anything worth doing is worth doing right.  You want your first grow to go well!
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

moorhS

I agree with jabwemet you want to do things right the first time... that is if you still have plenty of brf and verm, if the subtrate in the jars are still nice and saturated i would just throw the verm in and resteralize... u do risk the jars drying up in the 2nd pc though your call bud... :)

coyoteyogi

If you haven't innoculated them yet then re PC the batch with the verm layer. Contams are no fun so stack the deck in your favor. I've had good luck with jar lids that have a 1/2" hole stuffed with polyfill and no verm layer but have a go with the regular PFTek first before you begin experimenting.

fattrout

all you need to do is add your layer of verm  then re PC..  :ph34r: like coyote said...
fattrout