my favorite part!

Started by jabwemet, January 21, 2010, 10:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabwemet

GTs on millet.  Here we go...

Sorry the second tray is a little blurry, it was the best out of a dozen shots (this camera is way too damn complicated). 

Question- some of the primordia are aborting but turning white or light grey instead of black (upper right on the first pic).  This is happening to more than I would like.  Even the ones that look like they'll make it look kind of pale.  Temperature is the only thing off in this operation- I've got them on a heating pad and in front of a space heater but it's really cold in here.  RH has been stable around 90%.  Is this a temperature thing or just a trait of GTs?  I also gave them a good amount of misting, might have overdone it a bit.  Or not... it's hard to tell how dry the casing layer should be. 
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

moorhS

ImAFungi

I like I like :ph34r: Not sure about those aborts. It looks good to me man.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

malabar

Jabwemet,
  The GT are a finicky bunch.  They have always either taken too long to get in the game, been inconsistent performers, or just plan unpredictable.  I presently have about 6 trays of GT's that have been competing with another 6 - 8 of Costa Ricans, whom are also a "slow performer" and typically slim.  And, both of these strains have been going and growing like crazy!  Especially after the first flush,......  Enormous and outstanding numbers. 
  Be patient my friend.  You will probably be surprised with the results of the coming flushes.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

jabwemet

yeah i've got high hopes for these, i'm guessing it's gonna be pretty nice.  Just wanted to make sure they didn't seem too dry or too wet.

dub504

Is it just me? It seems like the casing looks a little dry. Maybe it's the flash on the camera.

jabwemet

I was thinking it looks dry but I mist it pretty well, everyday.  I don't know what it would look like if it were too wet.

fattrout

i have played with GTs.. for me they turn out on the small side. but they had a good kick... :ph34r:
fattrout

dub504

Kind of looks how Brazil's worked for me.

jabwemet

Yeah the fruits are smaller than I expected.  I thought GT's were supposed to get biggish?  I like em though, very pretty when dried. 

Brazils are actually next up for me. 

lun0s

I wanna get a brazillian strand eventually.