name that contam

Started by jabwemet, January 22, 2010, 09:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabwemet

What is this bullshit called?  I've never had it before; it's now taken out all of my pint jars (but none of my quarts for some reason)

There should be a contam gallery somewhere, I'd be interested to know all the names and info of the usual subjects.
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

cugak

share international

fattrout

fattrout

Azurascender

It looks like that cobweb mold I usually get on my half ass casings, but I could be wrong.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

fattrout

huh, it could be cobweb. but i don't think cobweb grows in the jars. at lest i have never seen it. the old pros will know....
fattrout

jabwemet

I hope it's contamination... or I just dumped a few perfectly good jars!  It really looks kind of bad... kind of grey and dark, not like healthy mycelium.  I still have the jar in the pic, maybe I'll give it some more time.

cugak

Mycelium is just not that thick! Trust me, youll know when u see contaminated shit!
share international

ImAFungi

It kind of looks like moisture on the inside of the jar to me. But that's just me.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

malabar

Hate to say it,....  But you just trashed your future friends!  Not a bit of contamination do I see,...   :huh:
   ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

jabwemet

really...?  maybe this isn't a good enough picture.  it's definitely patterned growth of some sort- definitely not moisture.  i've had jars with weak mycelium before but they didn't look like this.  this is the color of cigarette ash and very thin.

I want to believe that this jar is OK but I'm worried about putting it back into the incubator.  those 3 Qt jars are the last remnants of my GT! 

malabar

Jabwemet,
  Spray a towel lightly w/lysol, then wrap it around the jar, and allow it to colonize in another location,........ Isolated from the rest, ( like another warm closet ).  Within a week, you should know for sure, and in the same breath, you won't risk a possible exposure to the others.
  Think of it as a form of Quarantine .
  ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

jabwemet

ImAFungi

GL jabwemet :ph34r: Hopefully all will be good.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!