Sterilizing Geolite

Started by ImAFungi, January 24, 2010, 11:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

I just recently had a run in with the green meanie :angry:. So I know I have to completely clean my whole FC to make sure I rid of it. What temp would you put geolite in the oven to make sure it sterile?

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

moorhS

sorry bud don't know about the geolite, but if it can be put in the oven I would say 300temp till it's completely dry... u want to make sure you get it above that 200 so kills that green shit .... good luck

dub504

ImAFungi

Thanks moorhs and dub. I've had it in there for 20min and the geolite is at 160-170 so I'm leaving it in there for another 25min just to make sure its dead. I got 6 cakes that are less than a week from the FC. Can't wait to get another shot at it. :ph34r:

-ImAFungi

moorhS

good luck this time fungi :) look forward to the pics

MT

Why don't you just soak it in bleach water and then rinse and dry it?

ImAFungi

Haha I guess that would have been much easier MT. It took like 1h30 until i actually got it up to the need temp. I also got my new digital hydrometer 3 days ago. So I have my whole setup going. Have plenty of FAE and have humidity at 99%. Can't wait to throw my cakes into there in a couple of days :mellow:. I will def. post pics. Thanks.

-ImAFungi

MT

Sounds like you are ready to go. Good luck!