Western Union + Ralphsters

Started by lun0s, January 24, 2010, 12:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lun0s

I tried emailing ralphsters some months ago and never recieved an answer... I wanted to know if they'd accept western union since it is faster and more secure than sending your money through the mail. Anyone know wether I can or can't?

Baphom3t

Ralphster likes good ole snail mail.
Try sending a money order instead of money. ;)

lun0s

I'm not very comfortable with sending money through the mail. This is mainly because I'm paranoid and it could get 'lost' or damaged. At some point it could be one persons word against another and in the end the sender usually loses.

moorhS

MT

Ralphster only takes money orders or cash. That information is posted right on the website.

lun0s

MT> you clearly missed my point about how I tried contacting them regarding using western union since its faster and more secure.
moohrs> Can I actually use a credit card, cause I do have one I use for online purchases.

jabwemet

money orders are pretty safe.  never heard of anyone losing a money order in the mail- no one wants to open / steal a money order that they can't use.  the post office will do one for much less than your bank will.
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

lun0s

I've never done a money order before. Might as well check it out tomorrow while I'm out and about.

MT

Oops, sorry, good luck with your quest.

lun0s

^_^ If it costs more than 25$ to send a money order/money then I will stick with my local store that sells spore syringes

coyoteyogi

I doubt anyone on this site has ever had problems with sending cash to Ralphs. I just fold the money into a piece  of paper, send it in a "secure" (non-see through) envelope and make double sure I have enough postage on it. Buy a couple of syringes and take the risk.

jabwemet

Getting a money order from the post office only costs a couple bucks.
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

moorhS

money order at "Winco" if you have one in your area is 75cents

ImAFungi

I wish Ralphsters would accept credit cards. I think it makes everything much more simple.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

moorhS

ralphsters doesn't take credit card are you fuckin serious?? That is weird I imagine they loose a lot of business not having the "easiest way to pay online" crazy :huh:

dub504

I'm sure they are just trying to avoid a paper trail and they prob don't care if people order from them or not. But know this, Raphsters is honest and deliveries are quick. A money order is cheap and protected like a check. So don't worry about it. Orders some spores and grow baby! And if you are still worried about it go to a dif vendor. There are others that do take plastic.

lun0s

Well went to the post office, a money order is 5$. If I was sending 200$ I wouldn't mind but 5$ our of a 20$ possible order just isn't worth it imo. Does ralphsters charge shipping and what not as well? Cause I might just try to send money via the mail if it isn't that much for shipping(i'm in southern ontario)

Azurascender

If you think about it, it's logical to assume that if Ralphster's wasn't dependable, they wouldn't still be in business, or have been in business for so long.
I imagine that they only accept cash or check so that they don't need to keep records of sales. I order from them when SporeWorks runs out of a particular stock, and they have always been straight forward with me.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

lun0s

I hear nothing but good about them... How ever I am very curious why I've never recieved to slightest response when I tried contacting them, thats a bit of a turn off for me. Does ralphsters charge for s/h ?
Edit;
just checked, 5$ for shipping... I'm going to probably buy locally since its nearly the same price =\

moorhS

seriously is it that hard to make a descission... 1 time fee of 5$ isn't bad when you will have spores FOREVER... i mean C'MON  :mellow: