Possible way to add humidity?

Started by lun0s, January 28, 2010, 11:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lun0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp0MfcWxQxE&feature=related
youtube vid I had found while checking out what golden teacher looked like, and I noticed he had what appears to be fish pumps just bubbling water inside his fruiting chamber. Would that add any humidity, cause I might just try that.

moorhS

yes using air bubblers helps with fae (frequent air Exchange)... when using perelite make sure you soak then strain, that more you have in the btm of FC the more RH u will have... u can use a couple " of perelite and put air stones in bottom of FC and add a few holes in ... BAAAM!!! there yea go... also it is important to have a good humidity Gauge although if your just doing cakes it is easy to keep the humidity up 95 +  misting raises RH as well Good Luck

lun0s

I forgetwhere I read it but isn't misting the FC when doing cakes bad for the mycellium? The air stone is something that you'd put in a fish tank for fresh air right?

dub504

You just want to hold off on misting when pining. They tend to abort.

lun0s

What's the difference of pinning and when they are at a point that I can mist?

MT

You are best not to mist while a flush is present. As Dub mentioned it tends to cause aborts. Oh and by the way, FAE= fresh air exchange not frequent air exchange.

lun0s

So my best bet is to add more moist things in there, but avoid having a water base in the bottom of the container?

moorhS

oh shit yea fresh air my bad probally stonned... all sounds good to me :)

yuva.franklampard

Thanks for the link buddy. Its really a nice video. Useful too.
thanks again.

raymatay

good idea i was thinking of that this morning when i checked my box and the humidity was low

abdulwaheed

iamsofaking

The Vaults of Erowid have some ideas that may help. I thought they had some very useful information. I am a newbie and just built a semi automated fruiting chamber with an ultrasonic humidifier. I am waiting to receive a new hygrometer before i birth my very first cake. I feel like an expectant father preparing the babies room. Gotta be just right. lol