My cakes becoming beautiful

Started by lun0s, January 29, 2010, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lun0s

I didn't really get much or a mushrooms smell when I took this picture, but they're looking good imho.

ImAFungi

Congrats lun0s. Glad to here your cake made it.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

lun0s

Hopefully all is good with it. Some mushrooms are still sprouting while others look almost ready to be taken off, what should I do, just pick them and let the other grow in or take those ones off with a bunch have broken veils?

moorhS

usually all the fungis will be done about the same time, I always pick when a couple of the veils have broken .... and when you pick make sure and pick it all :)

lun0s

Well what I'm seeing right now is veil being broken, guess I identified it when I really seen it haha, but only two have broken and there are a bunch of others that're still looking very premature. I don't want to leave this for too long or the nutrients of hte cake will be taken up heh. Would you guys advice I pick them tomorrow evening(24hours from now)?

moorhS

can't really tell without pic also depends on strand on how fast they actually mature but I personally would pick them tonight... before any spores start dropping (unless your doing spore print)

lun0s

Well I do plan on making a spore print for reference/possible spore syringe.

lun0s

Well I went to check on the mushrooms just now/give some more fresh air and noticed one looks slightly bad.. :( Took a picture of it hopefully this is nothing but lemme know what you guys think.

moorhS

kinda hard to tell, but it looks like just bruising on the cap wich is fine... as the cap stretches out more and more you will notice them getting blue around the edges...

lun0s

Well it looks more brown than blue, but to my own surpriced these lil buggers have broken their veils in a few hours from the look of it so I will be harvesting them. :) Also I can partake in this months contest for once

lun0s

Just harvested them all, they all seemed to be good. Heres a bunch of pictures one of which is gunna be in this months contest as a last minute entry :D
The cake before its picking;

Ready to be dried out for future friends to join...

Showing the length of most of them, and the cap I'm using in the next photo...

Lastly getting a spore print in a glass jar to make a spore solution later on...

Thanks to everyone here and my friend who I talk to outside of here for helping me out. :D Can't wait to get some real nice looking grows like you guys!

Helo

Looking good lun0s! Grats on the beautiful cake. I'll be birthing 6 in about a week or two, hope mine comes out as good as yours. Good Luck on your next Flushes.   ^_^
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

dub504

fattrout

very nice, keep up the good work... :ph34r:
fattrout

lun0s

I hope I get just as good second flush

moorhS

cugak

share international

lun0s

ahah saving them for this weekend, hopefully I have enough to share with my buddy other wise I'll be the only one doing xtc and shrooms haha
Heres them after 36 hours of being under paper towel...