Putting small fan inside the FC

Started by iloveshannon, January 29, 2010, 10:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iloveshannon

I have one of those little hand held flat fans that you bring to football games, and i think they sell them there too, I currently have 7 casings going. It is a rectangular rubbermaid that is long but short, but should be good since im growing cambos anyway. My question is if i put one small hole on one of the lengthy sides and put a fan on the opposite side of the whole, would this reduce the need for FE? I still fan using the lid or my floor fan in my room but would this reduce the need for when i cant do it as needed?

I notice that on the side of the whole there is no condensation on the walls of the rubbermaid, but is on the side there isnt, this is the reason i put one, 2 would dry it out it seems,

NOTE: my way of keeping humidity up is simply using a warm water soaked small towel on the bottom of the rubbermaid, i know its ghetto and all but ive had really good with my maz's with it, and contams are never really a problem with me as far as casings go, i use pf tek thats why. and i use verm only as the casing layer of the crumbled cakes.

moorhS

if you have a fan blowing through your FC it will lower your RH alot... but yea that would probally take care of the FAE ... so if you can keep your RH up enough with the fan going I don't see a problem

iloveshannon

Well the fan is on as low as it can go, its not adjustable as in 1 2 or 3 settings, it slows down when you turn the thing down, so its going realllyyyyyyyy slow, just enought to keep air moving out.

And is too many pics a bad thing? will this cause me to have small shrooms? alot of aborts? etc? I have 3 cereal bowl sized casings, and i swear theres like 35 to 40 on each.. thats over a hundred from just 3 cereal bowl sized casings...?

moorhS

sounds good... alot of pins means alot of mushies  -_- (if conditions are right there will be minimal aborts)  ^_^