Dried out mushies very small

Started by lun0s, January 31, 2010, 09:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lun0s

My first flush is partially dried out(stems right now) and they are very thin, like 1mm thin probably. Is this normal..?

moorhS

ya, that's somewhat normal.... once they dry they dry to almost nothin lol... unless you do bulk ( I guess the mushrooms get ALOT bigger with bulk) ... sometimes I'll luck out and have a couple of mushrooms that are about a "gram dried"

lun0s

guessing bulk grows are like casings and what not?

fattrout

lol... yeah don't that suck, in drying you will lose 85% to 90% of weight... the good news is if you dry them right. thay don't lose potency.. :ph34r:
fattrout

lun0s

How do you dry properly? I've got them on a paper towel with a paper down on top of them for now.

moorhS

lot's of ways to dry, however you choose make sure not to use heat :)

lun0s

So my paper towel method isn't that bad since it only uses room temp?

shroomzer

I use a de-hydrator.  BB&B - cheap and with temp. control.  Dries them nicely.

fattrout

a dehydrator is probably the best way. but like moorhs said. keep your heat below 95F...
the paper towel is fine. it just takes longer to dry... :mellow:
fattrout

Davie K

I've had mushrooms dry out 2 wheigh almost an 8th each...  its an old pic most of you have probably seen but .. here it is
always bulk grows with me

ImAFungi

Those are purty there Davie :ph34r:

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

coyoteyogi

my biggest shroom weighed out 3.5 grams dry. It was a cambodian from a BRF cake. Ain't no tellin' when you work with magic.

bigfatmouthj

I find that my cakes and grains do alot better in the FC when i have music playing through out the days. i know folage responds to touch and sound stimuli so might be the same for the fungi.  :ph34r:

dub504

The deeper the substrate, the bigger the shrooms.

moorhS

haha nice bigfatmouth thought of doing that to... although I imagine they do nothing for mushies but ya never know :)

lun0s

haha I usually have some techno playing while I'm home so I guess mine are picky music listeners ehhh :p

bigfatmouthj

Davie K  those look sweet! what strain is that? what substrate/are you using?

Davie K

B+ on the scale and either Hawaiians or pink Buffalo's in the mono tub.. I'm recently working with Cambodians.. I've been wait in to see the first flushes pop... ever sense dub said the bigger the sub the bigger the cube... I've been throwing 2gether 4, 6, 8 and ever 10 inch substrates together in mono tubs out of straw and worm casting..I've been making 2-4 totes a week and just started adding the first totes 2 the 12/12... tomarrow ill put another 3 totes in, and make another 2 totes up.. with huge substrates.  cant wait 2 see what size comes outta thees.

Helo

LOL, I don't think we can wait to see them either Davie. Sounds like you are gonna have some MONSTERS!  :wacko:

Maybe you should try to pick up a print or syringe of Orissa India. They are supposed to get big from what i've read about. Just a thought.  -_-

Good Luck Davie, can't wait to see your results.  ^_^
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

Davie K

i have looked into thoes...  anyone have any idea on potency w/ them?  its a sin but i have yet 2 try my cambodians..  everyone that has, calls me with great reviews.  so i let someone else be the ginny-pig this time.  but have no worries.. ill be in the right head set to munch a few down soon