Operation Shroomsday

Started by -CAP KING-, February 02, 2010, 12:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-CAP KING-

Right!
So tonight i have made my substrate, sterilized and innoculated 3 jars, (as i could only fit 3 jars in the PC, i rekon i'll do 3 jars a night until i have 12).
I was very careful to make everything sterile using a small bathroom, bleach spray and alcohol to clean.

I was going to incubate the jars in the airing cupboard (20*C - 30*C) but in my manual says they need indirect light? So they're sitting on top on my tv at the moment and my room really isn't warm enough (20*C).
Any Suggestions?
nature's little gems

-CAP KING-

Experimenting teaches you lessons.
Don't put your PC on your carpet to cool down!
Shit man, that's my deposit gone.

Hopefully it will all be worth it, by the way the cubensis spores i'm using is...

- MESTIZO -

nature's little gems

lun0s

Quote from: moorhS on February 09, 2010, 12:59:25 PM
if nothing else just boil some of your water and walla! distilled :)
If I'm not mistaken distilled is pure H2O, not just clean water.

MT

Uhh, they have to incubate in the dark. I don't know where you came up with the indirect light stuff, but it sounds like you may need to study up some on your TEk. Why would anyone with any amount of common sense place a hot cooking vessel on carpet to cool off? Use your head man that's one of the reasons you have one (the big one that is).

ImAFungi

Yea man put them in a shoe box and somewhere clean and warm and you're set.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

dub504

Distilled water is water that is boiled to steam and when the steam recondenses it has been distilled or when a dehumidifier is used, the water that collects in the pan would also be a distilled form of water.

moorhS

thank you dub u so smart haha. . . .  so I was partly right ( lol small part) but boiled water is as good as distilled :) but spring is best

-CAP KING-

yes yes i know it was dumb.
As for my knowledge of tek, this is the first time ive tried it and i don't know anyone who's done it, so my only resource is online tutorials (which often contradict) and you guys!
nature's little gems

MT

That's OK CAP, we all had to travel the same roads to success. Just keep trying and continue to study. Use the search function on this site to help yourself to information that has already been discussed. Once you get a few grows behind you you will realize how simple this really is. I had several failures before I succeeded.