Can't Classify This Contaminant Need Help

Started by LifeCopy, February 03, 2010, 11:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LifeCopy

The yellowish brown spots started to show up after the cake had been in the fruiting chamber a day. I'm not sure what it is and I'm still hoping its metabolites, Its only on the top of the cakes and they've been in FC for 3 days now. I quarantined the worst one, growths started out kind of gel like, now the whole top of cake has a light yellow hue. I wiped it with a q tip and there was no residual color transfer. No odd smell. I could really use some experienced eyes on this one. I've searched everywhere to no avail. The strain is Mazapatec. http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac177/LifeCopy/P1020271.jpg?t=1265229276 http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac177/LifeCopy/P1020270.jpg?t=1265229078

psilocybin warrior

I'm not good at classifying contams, I haven't seen one for a while. But I do know that those should be disposed of pronto.

pw

MT

I don't know what it is either. What I do know is that it doesn't look like anything you want to have around any healthy cakes you may still have. If I were you I would just toss it as soon as possible and start over. Better luck next time.

Baphom3t

The first pic looks like slight bruising to me.
The second pic has me a tad more concerened. There is 2 little dots that look like Trich.
I can tell you took a pic of two differant sides of the cake.
The best thing to do is to isolate that cake and let it go for a couple days.
If it is contam it will be 2 - 5 times as big in a couple days and then you will know for sure.

LifeCopy

I had left the house today for about 5 hours, when I returned the growths had visibly expanded on both the quarantined cake and the ones in the fruiting chamber. So I packed everything up and threw the FC and all into the dumpster. I have six Alacabenzi cake about ready to be birthed so I need to get a new FC, Perlite, Air Stones and Hydrometer. I refuse to risk Losing more cakes to this ghost mold. I'm going to sanitize another room in my house For my new set up Cause I'm Sure that mold sporalated all over my other room. It really sucks to have to buy new gear but even worse is losing cakes that I waited for so long to colonize and seemed to be 100% healthy. Thank you guys for helping me make the call. Anything I can do to prevent that shit from getting on my other cake I will do. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

dub504

MT

LifeCopy

I Bought A Hepa And UV Germ Killing Air Sanitizer, Does anyone Know if These are effective at all? I purchased all new stuff and everything is getting cleaned with a bleach solution and Ousted before being brought into the new room. I 'm going to clean the whole house tomorrow and Probably set everything up after an OCD thorough cleaning.   Wish me Luck!

ImAFungi

GL man. I got some trich as well one my first grow. It sucks, but a good thorough cleaning will do the job. :ph34r:

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

Helo

I'm currently working on my first project, and I went CRAZY cleaning for weeks before I innoculated. It was definently worth cleaning like a crazy person, because I have no contams yet ( knock on wood, lol ). LYSOL and ALCOHOL FTW.   ^_^
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

shroomzer

LIFE - since I was introduced to the Hepa Filter it has worked out well.  I do most of my work in front of the Hepa.  Always clean with Alcohol, spray some lysol. Havn't had any worry of contams in awhile.  But my productions are way less than anyones here since most of my friends like the green bud (I love the smell of it, but do not indulge in that myself).  So I don't need a stockpile (although I do have me a nice 'stash').  GL on getting that new system set up~~!!