what is going wrong

Started by spaceboi, February 08, 2010, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboi

I am confused. My first batch of jars i innoculated are going great. They have a half inch of perlite on top accidently instead of vermiculite. They were even sterelized in a crappy pressure cooker without the rubber seal in the lid. i ordered the spore syringe from the hawks eye.
Now the problem. Been using a spore print and making own syringe. Even bought a new pressure cooker. But all have been molding since. Our incubating container is a fish heater in four inches of water with another plastic containter to hold the jars. there are little droplets of water inside of the jars. Constantly 85 degrees F and 32% humidity.
for steralizing the syring i boiled water for ten minutes sucked it up in the syring 4 or 5 times. waited 2 hours for it to cool off then i went in to a stireal room under the stiairs i cleaned entirley with clorox and then spraid the room with lysol. if i dont wait long enought for the lysol to settle can it do anything to the prints?

another thing i noticed was when i made up my srying and let it set for 18 hours they didint collect  together like the one i had goten already made up.

dub504

You should probably come down a few degrees, right around 80. You're incubating your syringes?

spaceboi

there B+ thought it was suppsed to be at 85?

dub504

The mycelium will create heat when colonizing.

spaceboi

no iv been just leaving them in my room in a box should i be? and how can i collect the live mycelium from the jars so i can inoculate new jars?

moorhS

i'm not sure about doing a g2g transfer with brf don't think you can  :huh:

moorhS

dub504

I tried it a while back, and it does work.