Growing in the summer

Started by lun0s, February 05, 2010, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lun0s

I was thinking how hotter temps mycellium doesn't seem to appear, and then was thinking how I was going to grow in the summer because I can't afford an A/C (Saving up). But if I don't get an A/C would it otherwise be impossible to because the temperature would def. be 30-40C inside my apartment all the time?

tenaglia

I' ll grow outdoor patches in the warm season; prices in fall

Davie K

I've been thinking of outdoor patches and how i would go about doing so...  any tek's you have in mind?

moorhS

I went off this tek. . .http://www.shroomery.org/8494/Moes-Outdoor-Growing-Tek . . .  unfortunately it's winter and nothing will be popping up for a while so couldn't tell you how well this tek works. .  but seems right. . . :)   I used a little kiddie pool and filled it up with the shit so mine is portable :)  good luck to ya

lun0s

I live in an apartment building so I don't think outside growing isn't the best option for me

moorhS

if I lived in a apt. Id still do it :) just make a bed by some bushes or something who would know :)

lun0s

I wouldn't consume them even I could grow outside here, downtown and lots of polution I wouldn't want to digest that with mushrooms haha I might as well start saving up for an A/C :)

Davie K

i've had a few idea's bouncing around in my head.. one would be to take black plastic sheeting out into the woods.  along with pasturized straw/horse poo...and spawn .  lay the black plastic down cover half of it with layers of spawn and substrate then fold the other half over it and leave it for a week or 2.. when you get back it should been a fully colonized pile, unfold the black plastic and add a casing layer.. then cover again.. come back in a few days, remove the black plastic an lay clear, or semi clear plastic over the top.. lightly wheigh down the corners an just keep an eye on it..

this tek lightly fallows
http://www.shroomery.org/8388/Bulk-Neglect-Report
at a much much larger scale...

i cant wait

lun0s

I'd love to try that... If there were woods remotely close or even with in taking public transit. If i lived near some woods I've LOVE to shroom out there everyweekend haha