Cakes in FC

Started by ImAFungi, February 08, 2010, 08:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

These 2 cakes have been in the FC for a week. They looking okay?

String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

moorhS

lookin good man... looks like it's starting to fruit good job  ^_^

MT

They look great. You should soon be seeing pins.

dub504

Hydroton/Geolite looks dry

moorhS

ya good eye dub. . .  give the geolite a good spraying

ImAFungi

Just did :ph34r:

-ImAFungi

ImAFungi

Man, I'm getting a little frustrated. It's almost getting to that 2 week period and the cakes don't look like they've changed at all. Is it possible the cakes are dry or I don't have enough FAE? I have a tropic aire system and an dual air pump, with the other hose running underneath the geolite. I have 7 holes on one side of the FC. I usually mist the geolite once a day and give a good fanning. Do you think it's the setup or just the BRF cakes taking their damn sweet time?

-ImAFungi

bigfatmouthj

my cakes look the same, i usually give them a fine mist every 3-4 days and they puff up and start popping fruits pretty quick. this cake sprung fruits after about 6 days with a light mist here and there. be careful not to saturate or over spray.

malabar

Big,
  You are looking Great!   Glad to see what you have done!  Kudos,....   -_-
   ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

bigfatmouthj

Hey malabar!!!!!! thank you!
glad to see you are back! Hope your relaxing and feeling better. -_-

MT

big, that cake looks really nice. I can tell from the photo that you are using one of the portable greenhouses like I am using. I love mine it works out very well.

dub504

Awesome! Hip Hip Hooray!

bigfatmouthj

MT i do love my portable greenhouse! i have so much more room!
i am working on some 5inch cased cakes and they are about to pop in there!
bought a nice cool mist humidifier and running a tropic air setup. im more than happy with it. thought it would have cost alot but the entire setup was under $75.  :ph34r:

ImAFungi

Alright guys, still no change with my cakes in the FC. They feel a bit dry so I've been misting them lightly. I was thinking about dunking them again because they've been in there for 3 weeks with no progress. Would that be a good idea? Thanks.

-ImAFungi

MT

If they still haven't done anything I agree dunking them again would not hurt. Good luck.

ImAFungi

Thanks. Hope this might spark something.

-ImAFungi