pf tek

Started by joker_66599, November 17, 2005, 01:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joker_66599

going to be my first time going to use the pf tek up till fruiting i was thinking about casing for higher yeild.

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23805  <---- for casing

good idea or should i just stick with the pf tek for simple minds all the way throw.

also in the fruting on the simple minds tek  or in the casing tek can't find the hum. level any one have any input about this.  <-------- main Q

B+ will be what i will be using

Thanx for any help and your time

Joker

anno

It ads some steps that might be failure probe to a newbie, but overall it's a good idea.  You might just case some of your cakes in order to  not put all eggs in one basket.

anno

>also in the fruting on the simple minds tek or in the casing tek can't find the hum. level

Read Why do cakes and casings require different humidities?.

joker_66599

dose it matter if it's white rice or brown rice flower.

and also

I work at a petstore and i see i can use millet also?  (feed back)

bought jars, alum pan, (for casing), oil lamp and a thermometer last night  

days getting closer :) lol

thanx for the help and time

Joker

anno

Brown rice flour has more micronutrients than white rice flour.
Millet or wild bird seed flour can be used and work equaly well as brown rice flour.

joker_66599

QuoteBrown rice flour has more micronutrients than white rice flour.
Millet or wild bird seed flour can be used and work equaly well as brown rice flour.
[snapback]775[/snapback]
and oops i bouthg 1 pint jars big deal?  i think i may go get 1/2 pint and use them for the pf tek and then 1 pint for caseing.

anno

[snapback]775[/snapback]
and oops i bouthg 1 pint jars big deal?  i think i may go get 1/2 pint and use them for the pf tek and then 1 pint for caseing.
[snapback]777[/snapback]

Smaller jars colonize faster and better.

joker_66599

[snapback]775[/snapback]
[snapback]777[/snapback]

Smaller jars colonize faster and better.
[snapback]778[/snapback]

in the pf tek it says put jars in indrect sunlight for 4-12 hours.  well if i am caseing at that step i put the cakes in a pan and cover with foil?  cause it looks like if i put the jars in light the mushies grow in the jar.

you guys still following lol?

thanx Joker

anno

Quotewell if i am caseing at that step i put the cakes in a pan and cover with foil?
Don't forget the casing layer.

Quotecause it looks like if i put the jars in light the mushies grow in the jar.
Correct.
Check Casing 101

joker_66599

okhave everything but the spores now.  put the jars in side of a tub witch is inside of another tub (no water) temp it 75 -76.5(f) has not really changed in the last 5-6 hours but the humi. is 30-35% but this will go up when the jars has the Substrate and the moister for it will raise the humi.  right?

lol sorry anno u seem to be the onlt one responding.  

also i am going to keep a detailed record of everything going to do 1/2 pint fruiting and a few casing and 1 pint casing see what turns out better with humi. and temp logs 2 times a day (about every 12 hours)  along with pics.  if intrested let me know i can send you the info or thow it on a site and send you the link.

Joker

joker_66599

Quoteokhave everything but the spores now.  put the jars in side of a tub witch is inside of another tub (no water) temp it 75 -76.5(f) has not really changed in the last 5-6 hours but the humi. is 30-35% but this will go up when the jars has the Substrate and the moister for it will raise the humi.  right?

lol sorry anno u seem to be the onlt one responding. 

also i am going to keep a detailed record of everything going to do 1/2 pint fruiting and a few casing and 1 pint casing see what turns out better with humi. and temp logs 2 times a day (about every 12 hours)  along with pics.  if intrested let me know i can send you the info or thow it on a site and send you the link.

Joker
[snapback]782[/snapback]

yeah the temp droped to 71 this morning so going to add water to the out side tub and heat it up

joker_66599

OK got all my shit but the fruiting chamber.  

incubator is at 76-81.2 s the highest it ever is i know it says nothing above 80 if that a little fleable?

and dose my fruiting chamber need to be at any temp i was guessing 75-80 would be fine but just guessing.

OO PS got a huge 32qt or what ever steamer it was 20 bucks the 8qt PC was 40 bucks didn't have 40 so i bought the steamer thought if i put water in it and put the jars on the shelf it has and cooked them like that for hours would work some what like a PC.  thought?

got B+ and equator

useing BRF and Verm.

thanx Joker

anno

>dose my fruiting chamber need to be at any temp

~75?F

joker_66599

ok every thing seems to be going good i think.  jars are at 81-82 tops and low is 78.  well it's been 2 weeks now about and all are going but slower than in the pf tek.

i am guessing cause i used the jar lids and only have 2 holes in each jar that is messing with the air flow.  (2) 1/2 pints jars are like 1/2-3/4 white and (2) 1 pints are only like 1/4.  

well my Q was if i change the libs from the jars lids to foil if there is a big change of my fucking shit up.  i will put the foil in waer and boil or awhile before placeing on the jar.  i air the chamber out 1-2 times aday besides when i was just gone for 4 days :(

has any one done this or should i just wait it out?

anno

>if i change the libs from the jars lids to foil if there is a big change of
>my fucking shit up

Yes, there is.
Just wait it out now.

conibear

To do any change's after inoc. use a glove box. I've been for 25 yrs. now, my success rate is about 98%  .  conibear.........