Spore hydration

Started by Vandal_xx, February 16, 2010, 05:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandal_xx

Hey guys....
It's been 7 days since I hit up 5 jars with a spore syringe I made from a print of Alecbenzi. I am using the BRF tek. I didn't know how long to let my spores sit in the syringe I made before I hit my pints up, or if it matters how long I let them sit seeing as there is a good amount of moisture inside the jars.
Just wondering seeing as I am about to set up my next syringe from my last spore print and I would love to see some nice ropey growth in my jars.

Helo, who was nice enough to give me some hope in a prior post, said he/she has waited 20 days to see growth. is this common?

and again.... how long should I let spores sit in the syringe before I send them into a delicious BRF cake?

Thanks guys!!!
Feel good before dying!!!!!

moorhS

24hrs in syringe is sufficient hydration. . .

dub504

I wouldn't think hydrating the spores is all that important, since you could just drop them on agar and germinate that way as well.

Vandal_xx

So you're saying that in theory it is possible to make a spore print directly on agar and get mycelium growth?

Again.. I am a newbie  waiting for my first jars to colonize. I'm trying to not ask questions that were previously answered so patience with me is greatly appreciated.
Feel good before dying!!!!!