RH and temp in the COLD NE

Started by Vandal_xx, February 18, 2010, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandal_xx

Hey guys,
     I live in the Northeast and the winter is cold and dry. I was planning to fruit my BRF cakes for my first grow in a tub with a perlite base. Didn't Know a way to keep my heat in the 70s while allowing air to penetrate the bottom to allow evaporation, as I am using a tub with water and an aquarium heater to heat. Any tips or ideas would be great.

Thanks guys.
PS I just hit up 5 more jars too. OH YEAH!!
Feel good before dying!!!!!

Mr. NIce GuY

Space heaters my friend they never let me down, and i live in the midwest so the temp is about the same for us. Outside it's thirty and my basement is in the low 50's. But walmart has cheap ones, and doubt you will need a aquarium heater i have never used one. As for the RH perlite will give off enough RH just may have to plug some holes in your FC, too many holes and you will not have a high enough RH to fruit your cakes....

Vandal_xx

Thanks nice guy. I was trying to use a space heater, but my house is very drafty and therefor I try to keep the heat in the house around 60F. The space heater ran in my closet like crazy. Very inefficient. If that's what I have to do than I will. Do you guys know the minimum temperature the cakes will fruit decently.
Thanks again guys
Also I heard Malabar, in a previous post, say that slower growing fruits in a cooler temp are more potent. Is this true??
Feel good before dying!!!!!

Mr. NIce GuY

Thats fucking hilarious cause i have them same draft problem i am putting king size flat sheets up and hanging them from the ceiling and it keeps the warmth in just fine. And you should get the ones that have a temp you can set. because the ones i have turn off once they reach the temp i set it at. To answer your last question your going to have to ask the more experienced friends, trust me i am i still new at this too haha..... but i am learning fast :wacko: