We have a go!!

Started by Vandal_xx, February 17, 2010, 07:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandal_xx

So it seams as though I was getting myself to worked up. Out of 5 cakes I now have 4 with all 4 innoc spot growing at least quarter sized mycelium. I think I put too much verm anti-contam layer on the 5th. I was about to trash them too. I have to work on my patience!!! Thanks for the support!
I'll try to keep you guys posted in this thread as to the progress of my first grow!!
Feel good before dying!!!!!

moorhS

congrats vandal .....good luck. . .  and yes, patience is the key

fattrout

yep, patience is the key. good luck and yes keep us posted... pics, we love to see pics... ^_^
fattrout

Vandal_xx

No worries trout.. U guys use photo bucket? or someshit like that? If you have an URL for the place you are using to upload photos I'll hook it up. Also, trout, learned a lot from you reading your past posts. Thanks for this input and know how! This forum RULES. Glad to see so many people growing and sharing :wacko:

Helo

Grats Vandal_xx, glad to hear they have some growth! I know how ya feel man...those 3 weeks felt like 10 right? Haha.   :mellow:

Good luck man, hope everything works out for you.   ^_^
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

Vandal_xx

Here we are.
My little incubator. The Temp is usually 80-82, but I had the cover off for like 5 min.

my BABIES ohhh... how cute!!

fattrout

fattrout

ImAFungi

I Dig :ph34r:

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

Vandal_xx

Hey, do you guys think that my flushes will be bigger since there is more nutrients in the 1 pint jars rather than the 1/2 pints many use?

moorhS

yep should get a little more fungis out of it. . .  the more substrate you have the more mushies you can get out of it. . .   lookin goon. . . .

Vandal_xx

After reading many of your posts, I gather that casing my jars is probably the way to go. Two questions,
1 - If I case should I crumble the cakes?
2 - If I case some and leave some will they do fine in the same FC? Do casings need anymore FAE or anything like that?

Thanks guys!

Mr. NIce GuY

Yes i would crumble them i crumbled my first cakes and they turned out really well, and yes they will be fine in the same FC if there is room for them. I like to have alot of surface area. And No they shouldnt need more FAE. Just make sure you are clean clean clean, you dont want the green meanie coming along with your friends.

Vandal_xx

When I crumble, to be clean, should I do it in a bag or someshit? Any recommendations? And I'll have to go back and check up on my casing tek. I have 5 pints growing right now and 5 i hit up yesterday, so if they all look good I'll take a few and case em up. Anything you learned from your first casing attempts that you wish you learned from the teks?

Mr. NIce GuY

Yeah i learned bigger the substrate bigger the fruits. Yes be clean all around, bleach has become my best friend and lysol lol lots and lots of lysol. And if you want to put it in a bag you can but i just crumbled them and put them in my trays. I am pretty sure i crumbled four cakes per casing tray, and topped it with 50/50 peat and verm. I came out with a little under four oz's.

moorhS

my first time around I said fuck the cakes and did casings, they turned out really well to. . .  I would recommend crumbling them, I'm trying 1 casing right now that I didn't crumble (just for my own knowledge) but when you crumble just make sure to use alcohol in the bag that your going to crumble in. . . .  I guess some people have a problem with the green mold on there casings (knock on wood) I've never had a problem with any contams in my house and I don't have the cleanest house. . . . as always good luck

Mr. NIce GuY

Moorhs i would really like to see the out come of those cakes your doing i have always wanted to do that with some cakes but i just moved on to grain and it is alot of funn and popcorn looks really sweet too.... :ph34r:

dub504

Mr. NIce GuY

Hell yeah grain rocks it's the fastest subtrate i have seen. Its so vigarous and i have a jar that has a slight bit of yellow tent, it could be from the grains when they bust open but i hope it's not anything harmful.

moorhS

we'll see about the grains. . .  i hope it puts BRF to shame. . .  doing WBS & popcorn. . . . we'll see wich one is better :)