Cracked corn

Started by moorhS, February 18, 2010, 05:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moorhS

went and got a 40lbs bag of WBS and they also had some small bags of Cracked Corn for birds, wondering if anybody has used it, gonna knock em up tomorrow so if the Cracked Corn is a waste of time somebody let me know. .  .  thanks

MT

I tried using a WBS mix that had cracked corn in it with disastrous results. I prepared it like I normally do WBS without cracked corn and it turned into a huge sticky mess in my kitchen. I never attempted to use it again and I don't know if I should have used another method, I just went back to what had worked for me in the past.

dub504

probably works just as well as popcorn.

jobes

I had trouble getting it properly hydrated.  Even following simple instruction on the shroomery.  I ended up with slime and mush. Not to mention the only contams I ever had in a jar.  Shame cause the stuff is abundant and cheap where I live.     

moorhS

thanks guys, oh had 1 more quick question , I'm using quart jars but they don't exactly fit in my PC, It does on it side though. . . I was thinking of elevating the side with the lid and PC. . .  anybody foresee a problem??? I imagine would be fine. . .

jobes

Just make sure you adequately cover the lid area with foil. Also make sure there is a buffer between the bottom and the glass. Should be fine. U want to be certain that no additional moisture can get to the grain during pc. The one thing I am grateful to have spent a little money on is a large pressure cooker. I can do 10 quarts(9 widemouth) at a time. it was $100.