For those that didn't know

Started by Vandal_xx, February 21, 2010, 12:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandal_xx

Hey guys. I know gas exchange is important at all levels of mycelium and fruit growth so I tried something and it's obviously helping.
I have BRF cakes in pint jars. I used a small drill bit and drilled 4 holes in the covers for inoculation and then a tinfoil cover over that during steam sterilization. I didn't realize that the tape should have come off when I put them in in my incubation chamber. All my jars started growing mycelium and shortly thereafter started to slow. I recently pulled the masking off my holes and bunched the foil up so as to allow more airflow and presto, the growth is speeding up. faster than ever. I check them everyday( I know it's dumb and pointless and maybe even detrimental to growth) and I can see a vast improvement in growth. Just a bit of info from one newbie to another.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

moorhS

glad to see everything is going well. . .  I don't even use a lid on my brf jars just 2 pieces of tin foil and inject. . .

Vandal_xx

idk, next time I do some jars I might try doing a few without a lid and some with lids w/ holes and see what works best. At this point I've been waiting almost a year to get this hobby rolling so patience is somewhat hard to come by, but I understand the importance. Probably like 5 years since I've consumed any of the beauties. Hopefully less than a month and I'll be reacquainted with my long lost little friends.
Thanks for the help.

fattrout

when i was doing BRF i always pulled the tin foil off after PC.. theres no need for it. thats what the verm layer is for.. :mellow:
fattrout

Vandal_xx

Thanks Trout.. I think I will pull that shit right off. You're right, on the pf tek video I watched the guy didn't have any foil on his. Oh yeah, you guys ever see the "Lets grow mushrooms" 1-4 on youtube. The best!!! For beginners that is.

olzo

Thats a good advice! I've been having problems with my jar growth and I just pulled of the stripes from the holes. Let's see if it works :)