First grow. Idea to keep FC temps up. Might this work??

Started by Benjamin Linus, February 23, 2010, 01:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjamin Linus

Ok. I'm using the two tubs, water and aquarium heater for my incubation chamber. I still have the problem of keeping the heat up for fruiting. So, I was thinking, the two tub setup I have is: 50qt water tub with a 20qt tub submersed in it. For a fruiting chamber, could I do this: Remove the 20qt incubater tub, put a rack in the bottom of the 50qt that sits about 4-5 inches off the bottom. Then set the FC on the rack and fill the 50qt with 3-4 inches of water. The heat from the water (though not touching the FC) would HAVE to help keep the temps up in the FC.

The FC would be put together as normal, 4-5 inches of perlite, holes on the 6 sides. It would just be sitting an inch or 2 above 78 F water in a larger container who's lid is on loose (maybe even set the lid sideways). I think this would even help with humidity.

It's very possible I'm overthinking this. It's just that I can't fruit at room temp cause my room temp is around 65-66 F. Sometimes alot lower, 60-62 F. Can't go higher on that room temp either.

For the record, I'm using a Treasure Coast syringe on a BRF PF-Tek. I have just the one 10mL syringe and plan on 5 1/2 pint jars, 6 if it allows.

Thanks guys

Vandal_xx

Hey man, that's about the same thing I'm about to do. I'm also new, it will be my first time fruiting BRF cakes. First time fruiting anything actually. I've also heard that instead of using your big bin full of water on the bottom, you could put a small cup or tub of water inside your FC and put your aquarium heater in that. Just an idea.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

moorhS

well sounds like your on the right track Benjamin ... you just don't want the cakes themselves to get to hot so as long as you have some distance between your heater and the cakes should be fine. . .  remember your only trying to keep it around 70 in the FC a little warmer is ok and a little colder is ok... just don't overheat the little guys  ^_^