Cake placement

Started by GGAllin, March 03, 2010, 08:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGAllin

Anyone ever experiment with cake placement to see if location or elevation makes any difference?

Vandal_xx

I'm guessing in a FC would work the best. sorry man, being a smartass. I am so new to this, but I will be interested to see what others have to say.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

GGAllin

I hear ya, I guess my question was vague.  I meant when you have it in a FC can you elevate teh cake or place it in a particular way thats different than the normal, and get different results?

MT

Never heard of anything like that. I always just placed them on a piece of foil on top of the perlite in my FC.

Vandal_xx

Also I would think that the RH would b higher the closer you are to the perlite.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

substrate

I've seen where some will stack cakes in a round pyramid 4 or 5 cakes high (to save room in a round FC).  Lots of fruits (from the pics), but not sure how the cakes interact with each other.  Have also seen two or three cakes stacked directly on top of each other like a tower.  The idea being that growth would come from the sides of the cakes and they would hold moisture better. 

In either instance I'm not sure if the cakes willingly come apart for dunking between flushes.

I think there is some video at mushbox.com - let us know what you come up with.