blower postion

Started by god, January 03, 2006, 07:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

god

Can someone eloborate on blower postion inside flow box.  Does it matter if the air  current form the blower is directed downwards, upwards, backward or forwards diagonally relative to the hepa filter?  I noticed the blower is directed downwards on the model shown on this site which would be difficlut with a squirrel type blower unless positioned on the side of the box, or is left on top of the box unlike model show on this site.  Is there a reason besides space conservation to submerge the blower into the box instead of leaving it on top of the box?  Also, does it matter what distance the blower is from the hepa filter?  Does it need to be centered so air is blowing to the direct center of the hepa filter?  Or is the static pressure equally the same on the filter for all possible positons the blower can be located if the box if completly pressurized?  

Does it matter if the box is exteamly large if pressurerized?  Will the pressure exerted onto the filter be the same regardless of box size?  I apolgize if I asked some of the same questions different.      

anno

Just for the others, you are talking about this document:
http://www.fungifun.org/flowhood/

>Does it matter if the air current form the blower is directed downwards, upwards,
>backward or forwards diagonally relative to the hepa filter?

It should not be directed directly at the hepa filter. This can cause different flaws accress the filter.

>Is there a reason besides space conservation to submerge the blower into the box instead of leaving it on top of the box?

The second reasons is that this way one is able to mount a big pre-filter which would require a second box just for the pre-filterif the nlower was outside the first housing.

>Also, does it matter what distance the blower is from the hepa filter?

As long it is not blowing directly at the filter, then it doesn't matter. If it blows directly at the filter, then the distance should be as much as possible, I'd say  at least 30 cm.

>Does it need to be centered so air is blowing to the direct center of the hepa filter?

Doesn't have to be.

>Or is the static pressure equally the same on the filter for all possible positons the >blower can be located if the box if completly pressurized?

It should be the same within reasonable boundaries.

>Does it matter if the box is exteamly large if pressurerized?

No.

> Will the pressure exerted onto the filter be the same regardless of box size?

Yes.