Cakes???

Started by ImAFungi, March 09, 2010, 10:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImAFungi

I have 5 cakes that look perfectly healthy but just won't produce any fruits. I let them sit in my FC for 3 weeks, at 99% humidity and good FEA. They didn't do anything so I redunked them and put them back in the FC. They grew a tad bit more but then again didnt do much. I did that 3 weeks ago. So I'm pretty sure these are goners. Why didn't these fruit under the right conditions? I was thinking it could be that they were bad spores because the other syringe I got with this one was also funky. I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

I also was wondering what I should do with these cakes. They are still healthy. I was thinking about eating them? Has anyone eaten a cake before it has produced fruits? Do you think it would work? I was just wondering because there is a STS9 concert this weekend and I thought bout eating one. Thanks guys, sorry this is such a long message.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

moorhS

I think you should give it more time.... they will eventurally fruit. . . .  just make sure they have plenty of LIGHT FEA and high RH... don't eat the cake... lol i we will all laugh at you  ^_^ . . . just give it time you have to be patient with cakes . . .

substrate

You can eat them, but I think you're REQUIRED to take a pic of the look on your face when you have a mouthful of myc...   ...yes, we will all laugh at you.

dub504

What are you using for light and what's your schedule?

Psychonought

hey dub, its me and ImAFungi working on it. the whole time we have been doing 12 on 12 off, with a 30 watt 18" or so gro-light from walmart. i just dont know what it could be. thanks man

dub504

I'm thinking a grow light may be on the red end of the spectrum. Am I wrong here? Have you used it successfully before? Daylight is on the blue end and is what you want.

shroomzer

DUB could be right about the lighting.  I have had cakes "stall".  Not sure how long, but I do know I lost patience with them and sent them out into the back yard!  =)  eww don't eat the cake, don't do it!!!

ImAFungi

I could be. I tossed the box wen I got the bulb, so I'm going to go to walmart and see what the bulb said. That would be nice if that's the case because then I would have 5 cakes fruiting within a week. :ph34r:

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

dub504

It would be funny if that's all it was, but you'd think any light would cause pining eventually. Light seems to be a crucial factor. Since my grows are usually with straw I keep the temp steady in the mid 70's for the spawn run and fruiting. So, it's the light that makes them pin.

Psychonought

good thinking dub, went to walmart and grabbed a daylight bulb, blue end at 6500K. i looked and the plant and aquarium bulb had both blue and red spectrum so maybe it wasn't quite enough. put it in now so hopefully within a few days we'll see some results. thanks again man