poison pop ups?

Started by bigfatmouthj, March 12, 2010, 08:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatmouthj

so ive been weeding these little buggers out of my giant cake for about 3 days now. im guessing its from the horse poo?  spread some rye grain on past. horse poo and soil/cor topped it. starting to see a volcanic cap emerging from the middle, but im concerned about these pesty sprouts. any suggestions?

moorhS

what kind of mushie is that???

Vandal_xx

Dude, that sucks. I would imagine that the  pasturization should have killed any other spores. I would think you are screwed as far as stopping this. hopefully the mushies you want will not be affected.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

bigfatmouthj

Vandal_xx.. im hoping they will be ok cause the caps look HUGE! hopefully the experts can give me some advice as to what i should do about this problem.

dub504

Was the H poo fresh or aged? Did you let it soak over night before pasteurizing? Did you let the H poo colonize before topping with soil/coir? and was that sterilized?
I would think what you've got going there should be able to fruit side by side. Mycelium of different strains can't merge and create hybrids. If the cubes are looking healthy, I would just roll w/ it!