BRF Cake fruiting temp and time

Started by Vandal_xx, March 12, 2010, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandal_xx

Going to put 3 BRF pint size cakes into my FC tomorrow. The easiest temp for me to have them at is about 65-69F. I should be able to maintain 97-99% humidity and I'll have almost exactly 12 hours of indirect sunlight a day. What are some common fruiting times for BRF cakes? and is my temp going to be alright or should I up it? Thanks guy, I'll be shure to show some pics as soon as I have some action.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

k12357

expect to wait a week or longer.  my house fluctuates in the same temp range, and i have no problems.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

moorhS

yea it's sometimes a little cooler in my house to... I try to keep around 70 but it fluctuates a lot.... common fruiting times you can't really say with BRF cakes they can take a month. . . but normally a week or 2. . .  remember name of the game is patience  -_-

shroomzer

Your temps should be OK. I keep mine at 70-72 degrees.  And have had cakes fruit within 4 to 5 days.  But cakes are tempermental and will fruit when they are ready!  =)  Patience is indeed the key sometimes!!

olzo

Wow this forum really helps... I'm like the most impatient person on planet earth so its a good practise :p

I'm waiting for about a week now after birth and nothing happens. Almost would've tossed it, thanks for the insight :)

Once I've got first growth I will try to write instructions on growth with an FAQ because lots of things are not answered most instructions.

moorhS

I've had a cake chillin by my casings for over 2 weeks, just an extra... takes forever for the cakes bro, since my casing take less than a week to start fruiting... patience is the key

Vandal_xx

Thanks bro. I've read alot of other posts, but after how many days do you think I should redunk or case or what. I've been waiting 10 days now. Also I have 6 more 1 pint cakes that are at 100% or almost, gonna give them a week to consolodate and then I was gonna fruit or try casing. Whats your caseing tek Moorhs?

moorhS

http://www.shroomery.org/50/Casing-101 that's what I pretty much go by...  I never did re dunk my cakes, eventually they start to fruit there slow bastards...

Vandal_xx

Thanks bro!! You thing I will be able to fruit my cakes in the same FC as my casings? I figure they might take longer since the RH will be slighly lower, but what do you think? Looking at your results I'll trust your opinion.

moorhS

I have several containers, I keep 2 big containers right around 90% all the time... I have a few more that I keep at 100% so whenever casings start to pin I move them to the 90 RH. . .  so yes you can do your cakes with the casing until the casing starts pinning then needs to be moved.... hope this helps...good luck bud...

Vandal_xx

Woke up this morning and one of my cakes has about 7 pins. Oh YEAH! Thanks moorhs. I think I'm gonna try a small casing in with my cakes and see what happens, just for shits. don't have the room yet for more FCs. How long are you incubating your casing? I've read like 3-4 days before FC. OH YEAH!! I needed at least one mushroom so I could get a print, looks like i'm gonna have one.

moorhS

MT