First time..need help regarding PF tek and casing

Started by snarfsnarf, March 12, 2010, 03:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfsnarf

So..I got some "morell" spores and decided to use PF Tek as it is recommended for beginners. its been a month about< no contams but my jars arent even colonized all the way, there pretty darn close though. but mainly i am just wondering firstly about the fact that where it is all mostly white some of the substrate is still visible almost like really small speckles. and on the other note how long should one wait to crumble the cakes and is crumbling even neccesary for casing.once its all white does that mean its all colonized all the way thru..or just on surface. and my cakes really havent shrunk in size all that much. they have but its not drastic whatsoever. just please get back to me if u have any advice

k12357

when the substrate is solid white it is done.  give them a week after full colonization, then fruit as is, or crumble and case, or just case whole.  its a good thing they havent shrunk alot when they shrink alot that means youve gotten it to warm.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

MT

Yea, and cut it out with the Morel B. S. WE know what you are up to!! Heh Heh. Welcome to the show.

snarfsnarf

yeah the ones that are colonizing right now are B+ then i have some ban hua thanon in the works..should i leave tinfoil on or off?

MT