can you sterilize syringes in a pressure cooker?

Started by GGAllin, March 19, 2010, 08:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGAllin

just curious if would work or if anyone has done it.

PS- I just scored a 30 QT all american PC on craigslist for only 200 bones!!!!!  its new too!!!

dub504

Sure can! Wrap in foil, place on top of jars or something else out of the water. 15min @ 15 psi.

Vandal_xx

I did it in boiling water for about 20 min, and had no problems. Then I sucked in and pushed out boiling water a couple of times, then filled it with boiling water and let cool to use for a spore syringe.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

Mr. NIce GuY

i have never re used a syringe just cause i have done all those steps and still got the trich.. I even boiled it in half water half rubbing alcohol.

dub504

Vandal, I've done that too without problems. I was thinking to keep it dry to make an airport for a LC.

Vandal_xx

dub504

An airport is a empty syringe with Polyfil in it. You use it to equalize the pressure in a LC jar after PCing, so filtered air enters.

Vandal_xx

Ahhh. Thanks dub. Thats a little beyond my skill level at this point, but I love learning.

joetraff

I have tried it.
And you know what ?
It works man !!!  ^_^
Thanks for the lesson you guys just gave me.
As a newbie I keep on learning everyday. -_-

dub504

Christian singles dating! Yes! Just what I've been looking for...  ^_^

Vandal_xx

Ohh.... does that mean catholic school girls??? Over 18 of course!! :wacko:

Fun Guy

Why would you need to sterilize with PC?  I reuse all my syringes.  Just suck up a syringe full of Alcohol.  let it sit for ten minutes while u get a pot of water boiling.  Squirt alcohol back into bottle and suck up boiling water into syringe, squirt into sink, suck up more boiling water, squirt into sink, repeat about 6 or 7 times, the last time filling whole syringe with boiling water and capping it with supplied syringe cap(small plastic peice that screws on where needle goes).  You now have a sterile syringe full of sterile water.  you can do anything with it at that point.

alexdenipaul

The following procedure is an inexpensive method for making clean spore syringes without the use of a glove box. We developed this technique for shiitake, but it can be applied to other mushrooms as well. Here is an overview of the process: You will be sterilizing water in a syringe, getting your print inside a clean bag, then injecting the sterile water from the syringe right into the bag and sucking it back out with the spores.
650-195 braindumps and 642-892 dumps guide as well for more help 70-270 and 70-642

d0nnf8

I have sterilized syringes in a pressure cooker and it has worked just fine!! But I never used the Pressure Cooker for anything else!! But these days I used the disposable ones though they are more expensive but save time and is more convenient for me now!! I use it few times before throwing it away and have had no problems till now!! Are the glass ones available now?? I haven't seen it in a long time now!!