What is this? and where are my fruits?

Started by Vandal_xx, March 21, 2010, 11:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandal_xx

Hey guys, I've had my boys in the FC at 95-99%RH 10-12 hrs of indirect sunlight with two small holes and fanning 4-5 times a day for FAE and some misting to keep RH up. Temp is 65-70F. I'm getting a ball on one of my cakes that looks like it wants to be a mushroom, but it's just a ball and it's growing fast. The cake looks healthy and smells great. The BRF cakes have been in my FC for 8 days now and the growth started on day 6. How can I fix this? What might be the problem? Thanks guys. Also, not fruits on my other two cakes yet.

Feel good before dying!!!!!

bigfatmouthj

Whoa!! that looks like the knot of a BIG mutant fruit!  :wacko:

moorhS

ya I'd let that bitch grow  and see what it turns into lol...  kinda cool

Vandal_xx

I was worried about that thing! I read up on it and I think it was a mutant, but why only mutants growing?? Any ideas? I cut it off to see what it was and so it wouldn't Suck up and more nutrients. It was hollow inside like a big mushroom cap. I'm gonna dry it and eat it as soon as I get some more fruits. Anyone know why this is happening? I'm trying to cut out misting and added yet another cake to see how the results will change without me misting. Thanks guys.
Also moorhs, I wanted to let it grow, but it's my first grow and wanna get fruits and stuff that looks the way it should, you know?
Feel good before dying!!!!!

k12357

definitely a mutant.  mutants are usually genetic.  you can get odd mushrooms from lack of FAE or inadequate RH, but that doesn't look like what you have.  Just wait for the second flush, you will most likely get normal shrooms then.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

substrate

should've let that freak grow and cloned it.  i would have loved to see what it looked like after a few more days of growing.  giant globby mushroom from hell.  very cool.

moorhS

ya that thing could of been huge... but that's true first grow best if all is normal...