So Confussed!!

Started by dopboi, March 22, 2010, 12:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dopboi

ok i got 9 fully colonized jars i didnt give them much light.Tthe temp was around 75 and 80 degrees but there were a few times that i found my heater off and the temp had droped down to 68. and the humdity was around 30%- 35% the whole time they have been in the fruiting chamber. I know thats not enought humidity but i got a like 7 or 8 mushrooms total some of my cakes grew didint grow anything... My first flush look like the 3rd flush on the pf-tek. Any help full hints in what im doin wrong?

k12357

I'm surprised you got any shrooms with the RH so low.  you HAVE to get it up to 95% or higher (emphasis on higher) 
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

Helo

Hey dopboi, k12357 is 100% right. You need AT LEAST 95% RH. If not, you wont grow much, and you may have Hollow Stems like me. I managed to keep my RH up around 90% fairly consistently, but cakes like it REAL humid. Get your RH up and you should grow more shrooms without them Aborting before they get bigger than a pin. Wait for Shroomzer to chime in as well, she may have some useful hints for you.    :mellow:

Just curious, but did you Dunk and Roll? Dunking and Rolling will definently increase your yield. The mycelium and shrooms really suck alot of moisture out of the cakes, you can physically feel how much water weight is lost after each Flush. I would REALLY suggest you Dunk and Roll if you haven't already.   :mellow:

Good Luck dopboi. Hope you figure it out and get a better Flush.
    ^_^
Sine Qua Non - Without which there is nothing

shroomzer

Cakes need 95-99% (mine are at 99% constantly) humidity in the FC.   They also need 12 hours light on, light off. There could be other factors as well, but you reeeeeally need that humidity up to 95%+ and your temp. should come up as well and stay constant.  I keep mine 74 degrees.  GL.