Big Question

Started by snarfsnarf, March 22, 2010, 01:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfsnarf

i have my FC in direct sunlight..its by a window i thought that would be best. i use a ultrasonic humidifier and dont have a humidity gauge. just should i leave them out of the sunlight?

MT

Indirect light would be best IMO. The fruits just need enough light to know which way is up. If there is enough light to read, that is sufficient. You really need to invest in a hygrometer though. Maintaining the RH is essential.

moorhS

Make sure to get a good RH gauge to, alot of RH gauges sold are crap and not worth your money, check previous post if have any doubt... especially if you will be doing any casing, it's easy to keep humidity 95+ but harder to keep at a steady 90% . . .

snarfsnarf

well i just have a crappy humidifier at full setting(it has a dial) going in to a small tote with two casings.is it bad to have it above 90%? and also how do i know casings are ready for the FC, everywhere ive looked has very fuzzy info on it.pun intended. theres a small amount of fuzz about every square inch or two so i thought it was ready. please get back to me

dub504

You introduce the casing to the FC after you see the mycelium in the valleys of the casing.

moorhS

you want the casings around 100% till they start pinning then drop down the RH to 87-93%  they don't do so well if you keep the RH all the way up... good luck

snarfsnarf