growth promblem???

Started by Mr. NIce GuY, March 22, 2010, 07:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. NIce GuY

ok i spawned straw/castings with rye grain its been two weeks and its stiill not fully colonized maybe 1/4 of it is but its taking quite sometime, and its a taz strain.. just wondering if this could be a problem. i can take some pictures if needed.....

dub504

Pics always help. You might have not used enough spawn for quick colonization or the straw/castings may be too wet.

Mr. NIce GuY

i used two qt's on it, they were filled really high cause i did g2g. Could be to wet what should i do?????
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv206/MickeyD90/Picture012.jpg

dub504

If it's too wet your kind of fucked for indoor. You could put it outside and things could correct themselves. Someone else may have an opinion on this. Next time make sure you drain your bulk sub well and squeeze the shit out of it when it's in the pillow case or whatever.

dub504

BTW it does look pretty wet...

Mr. NIce GuY

maybe if i put it in front of the space heater it will dry up.

dub504

Mr. NIce GuY

well i wont try cook it lol i keep it a good distance away from the heater and i soaked up some water with a paper towel, just mostly what was on top and put some new plastic wrap on it...

ImAFungi

Hopefully it all works out ^_^

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

bigfatmouthj

i had a shoe box set up that was too wet and i put a heating pad under it and left the top off for about 12 hrs and it evaporated a good amount of the water, but after another week it got trich so.