FC Light

Started by angelus122, March 30, 2010, 11:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelus122

Okay, so I've got a 14 watt CFL (60 incan. equivalent) lighting my chamber 12 hours on and 12 hours off, but the thing is is it too much to point it directly at the FC?  It's about 5 feet above the FC itself (on a high rack in my closet).  At the same time, I think it actually warms the FC a few degrees when it's directly pointed at it.  I turned it away today out of paranoia and the temperature dropped to about 73 degrees.  Any suggestions?

k12357

shouldent be a problaem haveing it pointed at the FC.  you could cut it back to 10/14 or 8/16.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

dub504

Those lights usually say which type of color temperature they are also. Warm White/Soft White, White/Bright White, Cool White, Daylight. Daylight has the most blue in it as far as compact fluorescent light bulbs go.

angelus122

Just looked at the box (after digging in the garbage) and saw that it's a Soft White CFL, could I pick up a Daylight bulb at HomeDepot or Wal-mart?

EDIT:

Nevermind, all I had to do was look, haha, on my way to grab one now!

dub504

angelus122

All right, now armed with Daylight CFL Bulbs (which are crazy, btw) I feel that fruiting is going to go along much quicker now.  RH is high, temp is around 77-78 (should I make that higher?) and I'm fanning and misting like a mad man.  I can only imagine how I'm going to behave when I have kids...

Mr. NIce GuY

dont mist to much were you get pools of water that can cause contam... And also if your trying to fruit your guys bring the temp down to 70 doesnt have to be that but a little high than 70 will be great..

angelus122

Oh no I don't mist till everything is saturated in water, usually until the vermiculite on the cakes is a little sparkly, then I fan it out, and I put the lid back on.  On top of that I check the hygrometer (best decision: getting one from a cigar shop.  THANKS RR!) and make sure that it still is reading properly.  And now that I know that having the temperature just above 70 is okay, I feel a tons better about my current situation  :mellow:

angelus122

How funny is it that after my previous post all of a sudden one of my cakes has a contaminant!  What I did was take it out of the FC immediately and placed it in another container.  The contaminated part of it is about the size of a nickle (from what I can see on the inside) and I think it might have started pinning on the top.  What should I do?  Should I just toss the entire cake, or should I chop it in half?  :huh:  I used a Q-tip and green stuff came off, so it's most definitely mold  :angry:

k12357

i would throw it out. no sense in ruining your house for future grows.  those green spores stick to everything.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

angelus122

Okay, better safe then sorry is best...at least the other 8 are doing well so far  :mellow:

Mr. NIce GuY

you could of kept it and put it in a completely different room and used peroxide and then put a salt paste on top of it mix it with water. Real pasty like worked for me.. just for the future. Also the higher the temp is in your fc more chance of contam to come around. YOu should clean the shit out of your area with bleach and lots of lysol....

angelus122

k12357

looks like contamination.  rub it with a q-tip. if it comes off its contamination.

angelus122

Turns out it was, so sad =(

I actually had to get another one out because it was contaminated as well, I need to bleach more for serious

angelus122

Here are the remaining survivors, they seem to be doing well.  What do you think? rH = 95-99%, Temp = 74 (currently), using 12/12 for light w/the Daylight CFLs

(Sorry folks, I broke my 3.2 (super old) megapixel camera trying to take pictures, so I used my phone, lol)

angelus122

Oh man one of them started to pin!  ^_^  Do I continue misting and fanning regularly?  Been doin' so probably 2-3 times a day

moorhS

ya keep fanning and misting... I try not to get the mushies themselves to wet, but long as you fan good after you mist should be all good  ^_^

olzo

dude forget about the light... they are shrooms not plants...