green mold

Started by spaceboi, March 31, 2010, 01:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboi

I have nine cakes going, one cake is has green mold growing on it i tosed i noticed it yesterday but it was not green it was white but...but on the other end of the box i have one that is growing good what should i do?!?!?!? will they finish growing???

substrate

after my second dunking i had one cake show up with trich, a couple days later two more, on and on until all 14 cakes had to be tossed.  never made it to their third flush.

I had even clean and sterilized the FC while all the cakes were dunking.  alcohol, hot water all that. 

maybe someone here has an idea of what to do to stop the spread once it starts, but none of my ideas worked.

MT

It's the worst contaminant you can get IMO. I never have found a way to kill it once it has started either. All of my efforts to kill it in the past have been a waist of time. Good luck and if you do find a "cure" please tell us all.

snarfsnarf

well is no cure but simply a good suggestion. from the research that ive done, orissa has not only massive fruits but has an extremely..extremely good immunity to green mold. it will even combat it and overrun the green horribleness. i guess if it gets too severe and it happens again and again i would simply try out orissa. but srry to hear that happened.

angelus122

Yeah definitely unfortunate, I'm praying that only 3 out of 9 are going to be contaminated and the rest will fruit beautifully

moorhS

I've had small spots of black mold in my jars that the mycelium took over and they where ok... never green mold though