Disaster Strikes

Started by LivingDead1224, April 01, 2010, 06:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivingDead1224

Ok so last night my cakes were fruiting beautifully... But somehow in the middle of the night by some unseen force of nature (my dog), My perlite filled terrarium capsized and tipped over :-(. Luckily my cakes stayed in the terrarium and did not touch the floor..  After noticing what had happened, I quickly and softly placed the cakes back on the jar lids and raised the humidity back up. I did lightly spray a few of the cakes because the seemed a bit parched.  Then I looked at the Temp and Humidity gage and the lowest it got during the night was 68 degrees and the humidity low was 65 percent. The question I have is did this accident totally screw my project? or will the mushrooms continue to grow?

olzo

You should be doin ok... as soon as the substrate is fully colonized, its hard for contaminants to conquer any space. Also the shrooms are rather stable friends. If the humidity  or temperature fluctuates a little they don't care. Remember they are nature and you never have constant weather or temperature...  :rolleyes: the only problem one can get is if the temperature rises above a certain level... then the myc stops growing or even dies.

I'd be surprised if they wouldn't continue to grow... you should be doin ok...

Vandal_xx

You should be finr dude. I was gone one weekend and the RH around here is real low... anyways when I got back my RH was 60% aso I brought it back up and got a nice flush off of one of my cakes. Triped balls. Just wait for it.....and it will come.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

LivingDead1224

Thanks guys for posting response

Vandal_xx

The only thing I thing happened is that some monster mushies that were growing got stunted. Still tripped my ass off and that is the bottom line!.! :ph34r:
Feel good before dying!!!!!