spore problem????

Started by Mr. NIce GuY, April 04, 2010, 09:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. NIce GuY

Ok i have these hawaiians and i cant get any spores off them when i bag up the cap after it opens. The strain was the shit and i wont to clone it and keep it going need some help on this one.

substrate

The only way I could get prints from my HIs was to pick early and let the top dry almost completely on the foil.  Some of the tops NEVER printed, I'm not sure why.

The other strain I was working with seemed to drop spores for a long period of time, allowing to get at least a light print in just a few hours.

If you've got fresh fruits you could try cloning onto agar (which I have not done) or blender-tek cloning if you have some sizable stems to work with.

snarfsnarf

i guess this my be something i just want to try but i would just simply prepare the mason jars with substrate as normal then in the most sterile conditions possible just drop parts of the cake on the top.oh wait just leave the dry layer of verm off when you sterilize then just pasteurize it in the microwave.let it cool down and put over the pieces of the cake.then it should just continue growth and spread from there.its something im going to try in the near future.

Mr. NIce GuY

Never had any good luck trying to transfer pf tek to pf tek,. Now g2g works awesome if you dont get your grain to wet lol newbie problems haha. It took my a couple of trys to get it right..But what is this blender tek never heard of it. And i put my hawaiian cap in a bag for 24 hours and still no print and this is my last flush what should i do???

substrate

To get prints, ideally, I'd leave the cap on foil inside of the glove box.  Letting it dry a little seems to keep it in it's natural process of maturing, and spores are dropped. 

There are a handful of teks called "blender-tek".  The one I'm referring to can mostly be found here:  http://www.shroomery.org/8433/The-9er-Tek You need a pretty thick stem to be able to trim off the outside and blend the uncontaminated insides with pure water.

Basically the entire mushroom is mycelium.  In theory you can blend the whole thing and use it as LC to start the next batch.  If you haven't had any contams in your FC and in handling the mushroom, it might be worth a shot.

If all you have are fresh, non-spore-dropping fruits - this may be your last chance to keep the line going.  One of the reasons you're not getting spores may be because you're already a few generations into a clone - but if you started with a multi-spore syringe that shouldn't be the case.
----
The other blender-tek I have heard of but have not tried is to take a chunk off of one of your cakes, blend it in pure water, and use that as an LC.  Again - in theory it should work fine as long as the myc in the cake is still alive.

jeff_diggler

how long are you leaving the caps on the foil? a good twenty four hours is recommended for good dark prints. one option you have to collect spores is a swab of the gills>agar>grain and/or LC. use a sterilized dry q-tip and take the swab in a glove box. also you could be picking them too soon.

Mr. NIce GuY

yes i know the regular 24 hrs for a print, and trust me i am not picking to early.