Pressure cooker time for PF tek?

Started by mplsmtl, April 10, 2010, 03:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mplsmtl

Hello all -

Just wondering how long I should "cook" the jars/glasses in the pressure cooker, once it gets to the correct pressure...

My pc is one with the "rocker" indicator, so I'm assuming that I let it begin to steam, and then add the rocker...  Then once it  begins to rock, I adjust the heat to the minimum that keeps it rocking...?  And then go for another 20 minutes?  40 minutes?  More?

Apologies if this is a remedial (sp?) question - I searched, but didn't have any luck with the results...

cugak

Start cooking with rocker, and cook for 45min at 15psi(bouncing rocker).

Whats the diference betwen the cake and blond chick?
That you can also put eggs(balls) in the cake!
share international

MT

Ninety minutes @15PSI is what is normally recommended.

olzo

Baphom3t

hmm......
Am I the only one that notices the topic title?

Topic: Pressure cooker time for PF tek?

I see everyone answering the question but ignoring the fact that you don't need to PC PF TEK.  ;)

If you want to PC something start using grains , better yeilds and just all around better than cakes.

shroomzer

May not need it, but I prefer it over boiling.

MT

I know you don't need to PC for the PF-TEK (I never did use one myself) but you can if so inclined.

olzo

Well Baphomet it just ensures, that any contaminants in the substrate are killed prior to inoculation. This way you're SURE the substrate is clean.

riyanjason

You can grow mushrooms on rye and barley but you dont have to use vermiculite mixed in and there would be no advantages in doing it like that anyway . Less contaminants grow on rice than on rye and barley . Thats why sensible people use rice .