house Trich

Started by jadzuke, April 12, 2010, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadzuke

I've read many times.. "pull contam's out of house". Just like male plants.. it's a hard decision. I learned the hard way. EVERYTHING since has been green. Now what? I shut down and do what? Hepa the room? Different room? I haven't done a Hepa hood yet but when I start again I'll have one built. But the house...How do I clean the room/house? When they say "pull out"... "PULL OUT!"

ImAFungi

wipe down with alcohol, spray some lysol, give a good cleaning.

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

Baphom3t

Trich is a bitch.
You should have heeded the words of the old hands here and anywhere else you've gotten advice from.
You'll have to clean your whole house now , and even then that might not do it.
Once you leave contam'd trays/cakes in your house your whole house becomes contam'd.

Take IAFs advice and clean , clean , clean.

substrate

When I found trich I did my best to isolate.  I didn't open the FC until I had a bag ready to carefully set the infected myc in and took bag stair
To the outside trashcan.

Later, I scrub be the FC outside, then brought it back in and washed it with water and anti bacterial soap.  Then cleaned thoroughly with rubbing alcohol.  The next batch did not get infected.

Trich is literally everywhere.  It blows around in your ventilation system all day everyday.  You bring it into your house on your coleus and shoes.  It survives most laundry cycles.  So the important thing is to keep your substrates clean.  Alcohol, fire, glovebox, pressure cooker, all that.  Trich will be everywhere in your house, but you can keep it out of your shrooms.