hello all!

Started by jeff_diggler, April 14, 2010, 09:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff_diggler

hey i found this forum while looking for something else, it looks nice here, seems like a laid back atmosphere, im not new to mycology, tho ive changed species recently from cubes to oysters, im lookin forward to answering some ppls questions, i have acquired a ton of knowledge about the hobby and will soon be able to post some blue oyster grows! Tho i do worry about joining any group that would have ME as a member, lol

k12357

nice to meet ya.  oysters are wonderful aren't they.  i like making soup with fresh picked oysters. 
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

jeff_diggler

ive never eaten any, these blue ones will be my first!

ImAFungi

Welcome buddy. I've never tried growing oysters, but I def. looking forward to seeing some pics. You should enter them in the monthly contest. :ph34r:

-ImAFungi
String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

jeff_diggler

sweet ill remember that!

substrate

Hey Jeff.  I'm just starting my first Oyster grow as well.  I have popcorn colonized and ready to go, I will be pasteurizing straw later today and trying to grow laundry-basket-tek style.  I talked to a professional grower who says what I'm doing won't work, but I'm knee deep in it now, so we'll find out.

Vandal_xx

The "Let's grow mushrooms" guy, John allen I think, did oysters with the laundry tek. Good luck bro. I don't have too much room for growing so I am sticking with what makes my buddies and I happy once a month or so. Good luck all.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

Baphom3t

@ Vandal_xx  , That guy goes bye RR , that is not John Allen. :)

jeff_diggler

Quote from: substrate on April 15, 2010, 09:20:53 AM
Hey Jeff.  I'm just starting my first Oyster grow as well.  I have popcorn colonized and ready to go, I will be pasteurizing straw later today and trying to grow laundry-basket-tek style.  I talked to a professional grower who says what I'm doing won't work, but I'm knee deep in it now, so we'll find out.

"professional" growers will try to discourage you with misinformation to keep folks from gettin in on their business! lol yeah RR has the laundry basket tek in his videos.

Vandal_xx

oh righ on baph, thanks. Anyway, that RR guy rips, those "lets grow mushroom" videos 14 on youtube tell you almost everything you need to know about growing. Thats where I got my start.

substrate

Yeah, the guy's name is Marc, and he is always happy to answer questions that I have for him.

The straw basket I have loaded to grow oysters has been in the incubator for 4 days and is getting really fuzzy.  Man, I hope this isn't 10 lbs of white fluffy MOLD.

Vandal_xx

Well, good luck substrate. 10 pounds of mold sucks.! And WHATS UP JEFF! Glad to see you are joining up. Seems as though this forum community is very knowledgeable and willing to put up with newbies like myself.

jeff_diggler

thanks for the welcome vandal, this looks like a chill little place, i been at the mycology thing for a bit, i never used the pf tek tho, went straight to bulk cause i couldnt get verm. substrate i hope that aint mold, that would suck! but maybe you just got whispy myc, i just nocced an oyster log last night, im hopin it doesnt get attacked by the green ninja!!!