my first time and could use some tips

Started by mg thats me, April 28, 2010, 11:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mg thats me

its been about 5 days since i inoculated my jars and have been storing them in an incubator and have yet to see even a slight result...... I was going back over my steps and wondering if some of the things i did wrong could have had a huge impact on it such as after sterilizing my jars by steaming for about 90 mins i did not lat the completely cool plus i was wondering if there was such a thing as over exposure to light at this stage. i have not let any direct sun light hit the jars but have had strong florescent  light hit for short periods of time when i check the jars if anyone could just give me some insight that would be great.

k12357

If they were not cool when you inoculated you could have killed the spores but its still to early to tell, wait another week or 2 and if theres no growth then something is wrong.  a little light while checking on them is ok.  but they need to be in complete darkness.  they don't need to be checked very often, once every couple days until they are close to being done.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

mg thats me

thanx alot that puts me at a little ease also if anyone has any tips at all on commonly made mistake that newbies make i would much appreciate  the insight cause until im fully comfortable with this im sure ill have a million and one questions

Mr. NIce GuY

Mg, patience man going to need alot. Plus it's always good to check and be surprised haha  :ph34r:. Check them in like five days a week if you can make it. I know that itch your having haha just gotta keep yourself occupied.