What tek tweaks have worked for you?

Started by substrate, April 29, 2010, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

Hi saddie, welcome to the board! Cakes don't hold as much moisture as some other methods out there, casings, bulk, rez effect.  Dunking the cake after a flush is going to replace a lot of moisture used by your previous fruits and will def help the second flush produce.
    I think you'll be fine fruiting at those temps, a little warmer would be the optimal.
Another great site with lots and lots of great info and friendly people are here as well.
www.mycotopia.net

saddie

Thanks for the reply Dub 504. Thanks for all of your replies actually, as you are quite an active member on this board. It is much appreciated. I guess I am just a little apprehensive because this is the furthest I've gotten with this process and I am having nightmares of green mold :)

dub504

You'll do fine I'm sure. I just check in now and then, carrying the torch so to speak. It's so quiet around here and I just want to help out those who stumbled on the site, as I did.

saddie

Hello all! I am glad to report that everything is going well so far (knock on wood). Here are some pics like promised. Again two cakes are rolled in sterilized steer manure (I had to sterilise it myself in my pressure cooker) and the other three are rolled in unsterilized dry verm (as per original PF tek). One shot is on day 1 in my FC. The remaining shots are on day 8 in the FC. You can see the myc has grown like crazy over the manure and now look like snowballs on crack. Both of the poo cakes are ahead of the verm ones as you can see by the beginning of the pinning in the pics.

Will keep all updated re: harvest amounts, although I don't have a scale. Looks like substrate's 'poo tek' is solid. So far I consider it verified as superior. We shall see what the final tally will be!

Thanks for all the help around here people.

Actually one question - right now I am fanning and spraying my FC down about three times a day. Do you think I should leave the lid half off for a part of the day or something to increase fresh air flow too, or is fanning sufficient?

On to the pics.. Day 1 and day 8. Sorry about the image shack hosting. Any idea on what would be better/easier?

dub504

Looks good, just keep up with fae and fruits will come.

shroomzer

Looks pretty darn good.  I use photobucket and insert the pics right into the post .. just set up an account and copy and paste the image code into your post and the pics come up.  I upload mine in a medium size so they aren't too small and not too large.  Just another way to put photos on.

P.S....yeah Dub's da man~!  =)

saddie

Hey all. So I had a bit of a contam problem - I've posted about it in another topic on this board. Long story short, I have tossed one cake and isolated the other four into their own FCs. I will keep them separated like this from the beginning if I ever do this again for sure. It is just easier and less risky. Here's a pic of a single cake 3 days after being dunked for 24 hrs. Looking good I hope! That blueing is actually blueing - it passes the q tip test and looks way different. I think you really have to get hit with some contam to really understand what to look for. At least I do. I've learned a lot and that's the best part. Thanks so much!

dub504

Live and learn eh'. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.  :ph34r:

Vandal_xx

Feel good before dying!!!!!

tritone

I did a tweak! tweak!  ^_^ call this one the tritone dump

took plastic cup and punched holes in bottom
covered these holes with micro spore tape
dump 1/8'' vermiculite (bottom of cup)
dump manure half full (pasteurize)
inoculate with a cut from BFR
dump more manure
top off with 1/4" of vermiculite
cover top with micro spore tape
place cup in a paper lunch bag
dump some perlite in the lunch bag with cup
close bag and place in side a bigger PAPER bag with other cups ( I did 16)
place bag outside and wet it ( Rain or hose)
let weather dry and wet bag, this creates good air exchange
when done Fruit as normal
:wub: :wub:
This is clean, outdoor, sterile, disposable,clandestine, it kicks Royal Ars
GO Soldiers! a mind is a terrible thing to waste! cheers...

tritone

tritone

psilocybin warrior

A 40/30/30 ratio of urine/feces/melatonin slurry can increase colonization times by 60% and fruiting times by 38%.