Any brown rice ok?

Started by tritone, May 02, 2010, 04:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tritone

Ok, here is something to make you LOL....I've decided to mill my own rice, not easy to find rice flour and if so unknown condition so... is wild rice ok it is very fresh were I live? or strictly a specific brown rice? or who gives a hoot ,I'm on my own, a solo mission try and find out?
cheers mates and good will...

MT

Every TEK I have read called for brown rice. Most of them said to use organic, but any brown rice will work and it is readily available in most grocery stores.

tritone

OK people! I did some research..wow.. part of the learning process.. makes it fun.

I found out that Rice is brown as a result of the milling process not because of species. Brown rice has more starch material around the grain that has not been removed by the milling process.

Also I got an excellent TIP sent to me by one of you "USE POTATO WATER instead of distilled in you substrate mix" sounds good anyway I'm a total noob so I've "ZERO" cultivation but that is about to change so look out People if you think 2012 is going to be "Bad" you ain't seen nothing yet

Cheers everyone !  :wacko:

Fun Guy

You dont need to use potato water.  In fact I would say not to.  your just introducing one more variable that could cause problems.  If it is your first time stick to the pf tek and you cant go wrong.  learn how to case as it will increase your yeild exp.  Once you learn what your doing and have a few successes then you can start experimenting.  Trust the experienced ones and stik to it for first couple trust me.

Fun Guy

and yes any brown rice.  I go to local supermarket and buy cheapest brown rice in plastic bag.  Coffee grinder to make flour. have never had a problem.  its all about WBS now though.  cheap easy to find and grows great.

tritone

Quote from: Fun Guy on May 21, 2010, 07:32:04 AM
and yes any brown rice.  I go to local supermarket and buy cheapest brown rice in plastic bag.  Coffee grinder to make flour. have never had a problem.  its all about WBS now though.  cheap easy to find and grows great.

Thanks much for the good advise! I will follow..