Ps.subaeruginosa

Started by DrGonzo, November 23, 2006, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGonzo

Hi there guys
Im new to this forum but have grown shoorms (P.C aztech) for "Mycalogical" reasons ;) quiet a few times due to the fact i couldnt find any local shrooms and its been almost drout like conditions for a few years. Last year i found some growing in a patch near a large lake fed by an salt watter estury, there is a lil sotry that goes with these shrooms but first my problem i am on hear asking for advice on how to cultivate for "mycological" reasons lol these shrooms, i know they are atleast 3 times more potent than cubies, I have only one spore print so i have to make it count! Ive cased using the WBS Tek and used the P.F Tek with some secess with my cubies but this is an unkown strain to me! I foundthem growing from grass underneath eucalipt trees, they come out in our winter when nites fall is between 8 and 10 celcius and lots of rain. the story is that as a kid i went to this place with the school and was told by some local biologist  this was a place that the local Aboriganies would use as a rite of passage when the saw the "rainbow serpant"? in the lake..........hmmmmm..........strange coinsedence that shrooms grow on the edge of this saltwater estury,
My 1st ideas were to use the WBS tec but use sawdust from trees like the ones near i found growing and see if the spores take hold? Has anyone ever tryed to grow on sawdust?
If anyone has any ideas on how to please help me out, i am willing to trade this rear strain for "Mycological" use
for info on this go to http://www.shaman-australis.com/%7Ebluemeanie/index.html

anno

P. subaeruginosa shares the same substrate and growth parameters as P. azurescens and P. cyanescens.
See http://www.fungifun.org/English/Psilocybe-Azurescens-Outdoor-Cultivation

DrGonzo

Thanx heaps mate, so a fridge will be needed its compleatly opposite from what ive been doing lol

anno

Either a fridge, or you rely on Nature to help you with your grow.

DrGonzo

i was thinking about that idea, grow enuf substrate to cover 2m or 3m square out in the back yard and keep it wet on a driper all year round in the shade
would it live from year to year if i kept adding fresh pasturised woodchips a few monts before the season?
would it continue to grow and take over a bigger area like the entire garden bed?
if anyone had n e ideas let me know