need a point in the right direction

Started by F.W.Despot, May 03, 2010, 11:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.W.Despot

hey ive been looking and havent found a vendor that has them. could anyone tell me where i might find amanita muscaria spore or a print............ and also will the pf-tek lets grow mush. work for non psil. straines?

dub504

Other varieties can be grown using pf-tek or grain spawn etc... I've never seen spores or prints for sale for amanita, but there are online vendors whom you can buy dried fruits from.

k12357

I know sporeworks has them.  before you buy them read this

http://www.iamshaman.com/amanita/cultivation.htm

why do you want to grow them?  I myself have never eaten them, but from what Ive read it is not a pleasant experience and you don't get the full affects unless you do the urine consumption while on them.  Plus they are legal if you really want to try them.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

F.W.Despot

i really have no interest in eating any mushroom with any side effects...... i sortta burned my self out on that when i was a teenager and now a days really cant handle the effects all to well. i just thing they're really bad ass looking and growing mushrooms period is what i want to do not just psil. strains. plus i thought it would be really bad ass if i could train a caterpillar to chief on  a bong and sit on top of one. jk

jeff_diggler

if you gotta itchin to grow some mush try some gourmet varieties like oyster or lions mane, there are a lot of others, and you can eat them with no ill side effects. a. muscaria can be bought at places like bouncing bear botanicals.

substrate

Everything Ive read on these is that they can not be produced in lab conditions.  Pretty sure they need to grow in part of a LIVE evergreen tree, like on the root or something.  Though it happens in nature on it's own, damn near impossible to MAKE happen.

F.W.Despot

yeah i checked out the link that K123 posted right after i left that last reply and found all that out, sortta bummed me out about em. but i am working on shitakes and have some black morel spores

substrate

Are you doing shitake plugs in a hardwood log?  I have one of those going now, but it could still be another 3 to 6 months before I know if it worked.

F.W.Despot

no, no im just trying the pf cake thats why i asked if that tek could work for non cube. strains

crystalpoint

shiitake can be grown on sawdust, quite well actually, from grain to sawdust substrate, and will fruit way faster than nocced logs, although if im not mistaken once the logs take hold they will produce for years and look beautiful on logs, substrate id like to see your log grow shiitakes are wonderful little fungi.

substrate

HA!  I'd like to see shitakes growing on that log too!  Its been about three months, i might wait around for a year just to learn that ill get nothing.  If it works it will be awesome (and my wife will quit bugging me to grow something she can eat), if it doesn't...  ...maybe I'll learn something.

tahemi

hi  i am new here ,i have watched alot on line on how to grow mushrooms and would love to give it a go.i understand the process .but seem to be finding it hard to locate someone selling mushroom spores ,,      help please
many thanks
tahemi

F.W.Despot

thehawkeseye.com is the only place ill use but there r many others such as ralphsters.com sporeworks.com and so on

tahemi

MANY THANKS
sorry i was abit slow answering
just getting used to the site
many thanks
tahemi

tahemi

hi
i am in the uk
i would like to grow button closed cup mushrooms
anyone know where i can get spores
best wishes