Soak in water and dunk in verm?

Started by tritone, May 01, 2010, 08:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tritone

:huh: total noob here please be patient. Do you soak & dunk cube or not? one vid says not to get cake wet at all and if so it instructs you to pad dry when cake is placed in fruiting chamber. Not sure should I do this? thanks a bunch for any advise! cheers to all I'm very excited about the prospect!

Vandal_xx

I'm pretty new at this too, but I had good luck dunking and rolling in verm. Just like the "let's grow mushrooms" videos. When dunking between flushes b sure to pick off all the mushroom material or it will begin to rot. Trust me! Also, I found that putting the dunked cake in the fridge for the entire dunking proscess helps, for me anyway. When I didn't refridgerate I got some sour rot! Good luck.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

tritone

Thanks Vandal XX ,

OK, I like your advice about dunking process be cold but what do you mean to " pick up mushroom material or it will rot" I start the process this Monday! WOW but who knows what will happen one can only try... thanks a bunch for your tip cheers and good luck! -_-

Vandal_xx

Make sure u pick all of the mushroom before you dunk it. You won't need to pick off anything after yu take the cake out of the jar (birthing) and soak for the first time, but after you pick your first flush make sure you get off all of thie mushroom stems before you soak. GOODLUCK

chains

I never knew i should dunk after every flush! Thanks for that vandal.
Im expecting my first flush in a few days so i'll definately dunk them after first harvest  -_-
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

Mr. NIce GuY

yeah the first dunk you should soak for 24hrs then roll in verm.. then after that i would just dunk them in water for a couple seconds then roll them in new verm... i always use distilled water no matter what it is.

tritone

Ok it all makes sense now thanks to everyone! thank you again. I too did not know the following

1) you can harvest 2 or 3 times
2) dunk & roll between flushes

Awesome! I'm getting people look out  :wacko:

Vandal_xx

I soak aboujt 12 hours between flushes, everyone does it differently, but water is good. I use regular tap water from a well and haven't had a problem.

lostcause1138

i dunk after each flush, in clean mineral water so the get all the nutrients and shite. (leave submerged in the frig for about 24 hours