First crop... but blue fuzz??

Started by chains, May 08, 2010, 03:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chains

Hiya dudes, my first cro is pretty much ready to harvest now! Wahooo!
Only problem is there's some blue colouring in the mycelium now. I know they can bruise easily but this has only appeared today and i have yet to touch them!
Just wondering if this is normal or is it anything to worry about?
:huh:
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

chains

Here's a picture of the blue fuzz....
Hmmmm

dub504

The cakes probably just need to be hydrated they will blue when thirsty. After you pull that flush off dunk them in clean cold water for not longer than 24 hrs, then roll them in verm. Make sure your FC is 99% RH. It's off the hook, Chains. Nice work.  :mellow:

Vandal_xx

I had the same thing happen to me on one of my grows. I think it is as dub said. Lack of water. Rolling in verm after the dunk is key because it helps keep that moiture level high just like barkmulch does. Good luck... nice rip.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

chains

Cheers dude's, great advice as always! Ive pulled them all now and started drying them out..apart from a few lucky ones ive set aside for my Saturday night entertainment hehe.  And Ive got them thirsty cakes into soak now too and lookin forward to the second flush   ^_^

tritone

Awesome! nothing like the first time!  :wub:

Vandal_xx

Yeah my first cluster of mushrooms ( probobly about 2.5 grams dry) went straight from the cake to my mouth on my first harvest. Nothing like the rewards of your labor. Plus freshies are the best in my book.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

chains

They definitely tasted better last night than ever before! You cant beat abit of homegrown! hehe  ^_^

Fun Guy

Nice work.  Now fuck the cakes and crumble and case. 

chains

Hey fun guy Ive already got a casing project on the go using WBS and popcorn and so far its lookin like im going to have a really good summer hehe ^_^