Ways to ingest....

Started by chains, May 09, 2010, 02:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chains

Hey gang, Thought i'd start a topic to see whats everyone's favorite way to take our magic little friends?? Obviously most of us will just munch them O' Natural but sometimes its fun to be a little more adventurous...
I had a great time munching a few with friends last night and then decided it would be a good idea to try smoking them. Turns out its not a good idea! They tasted baaad and had little effect. Think next time im going to make a vodka tea ad see how that goes  :mellow:
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

tritone

There is only one thing worth smoking in the world mates! HEEE!!HAAA! "lets give thanks to the Lord and make us feel all right"  ...what would we be without?

Cheers!

k12357

Dub has a very nice peanut butter cup tek.  they taste wonderful, and easy to make.
http://www.fungifun.org/forum/index.php?topic=1895.0
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

chains

Wow they look soo tasty! Thanks for showin me them i'll deffo give them a try  :mellow:

Vandal_xx

I know some peopl use grinders to powder it up, but I don't have one. I just put a few caps and stems in my mouth and then a peice of chocolate and chew it up. The chocolate helps cover up the taste and seems to calm my stomach during the initial onset of the trip when my guts usually start churning. Good luck all.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

crystalpoint

by far the strongest way i ever did any was to take a FRESH dose, thirty grams or whatever you wanna do, put them in a blender with Simply Orange or any other oj that tastes good, blend it til the mush are good and in there. OMFG is all i can say, hits you in fifteen minutes and hold on to your butts its a wild ass ride.

chains

Orange juice eh? Could be cool!!
Had anyone ever tried baking with them? Like space cakes etc?
Or does the heat effect potency?

F.W.Despot

well im not sure about indirect heat like from and oven but i know when u try to smoke em the fire kills all hallucinogenic chems in the mushie so u might just wanna take that into consideration if u try and come up with a recipe

k12357

heat will kill all active compounds. 
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

chains

Ive had some Tea before that was made with boiling water and it worked great so surely heat cant kill all actives...

k12357

indeed, Ive gotten my facts mixed up.  106F is thermal death for mycelium.  thermal death for psilocybin and psilocin isnt until much higher around 400F. 

dub504

Psilocybin is water soluble. You will loose potency by making a tea, but it probably won't be noticeable. Psilocin breaks down faster and different strains have dif ratios of Psilocybin/Psilocin. Lightly boiling in slightly acidic water is the way to go. Merck index states 195 F is the start point, so I guess there is a lot of debate on the subject...

k12357

in the vaults on erowid they talk about melting points of psilocybin, and psilocin at 185C, and 175C, respectively.  that's 365F, and 347F.  i would assume loss of potency would start to come into play before actually reaching these points.

MT

I like to grind them up into a powder and mix them in a glass of chocolate milk.

F.W.Despot

how many grams of dry fruits is ideal for making tea for three people ..... and i dont think any of us really care to trip that hard

dub504

1.5 grams a piece, so 4.5 gr would be good. The faster you drink it, the faster and harder it will come on. FYI

F.W.Despot

tea....................... WOW!