Why i love fastblast!

Started by bigfatmouthj, May 09, 2010, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatmouthj

I used a mixture of poo/fastblast from crystal point supply, and here are the latest results from my mini-mono tub! The tub is pretty darn small( 9X5) and my cake was about "1 deep i had to transfer the cake into a big fruiting chamber as the fruits were trying to grow thru the lid! these trays are what i picked from 1 side of the cake!!!! AMAZING! you can see the difference in size of the fruits on the dehydrator trays. THIS is why i love fastblast!  :wub:

ImAFungi

String Cheese + Sherwood Forest = Rothbury Incident!!!

substrate

crystalpoint

wow that is a nice yield for such a small tub. whats the dry weight on those bad boys? great job agent J!

bigfatmouthj

Not sure on the dry weight yet CPS i just picked them this morning. but im guessing a nice hefty weight.  -_-

I am loving your product!

chains

Wow they look great!! I wish we had fastblast in my country  :rolleyes:
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

crystalpoint

chains

Im in good old rainy england  :mellow:

crystalpoint

hell man ive sent it to ireland and canada so far, the shipping is a little higher tho, i can check and see what it is to england if your interested.

Vandal_xx

hey crystalpoint... Do you make fastblast?
Feel good before dying!!!!!

chains

Yer crystal point i'd love a quote off you. Ive got a big casing project coming up soon and need all the help i can get  :mellow:

crystalpoint

vandal, i dont make the stuff, i just provide a channel that would otherwise be unavailable to those who cant afford to buy a hundred plus pounds of it at once. chains, the shipping to england for up to a twenty oz parcel is like twelve bucks. i have concentrated fb so a half pound of conc. will last as long as a pound of reg. you'd be lookin at like twenty one or two dollars US for a half pound. doesnt sound like much but you only need 2.5g per kilo of dry sub. half pound is roughly two hundred twenty four grams.

F.W.Despot

so i am still working on my first grow ever (pf tek lets grow mushroom way) and once i felt comfortable with it i was going to move on to casing with some some fast blast and im just trying to where it fits in. the fasblast/poo is used as the top layer of substrate for the casing , right?..............................shit, i had more questions but i cant remember them now. anyways the mix is not what the the spore initially use to colonize in the jar is it?

dub504

F.W.Despot,
    Casing is a non nutritious layer that holds moisture and helps create a microclimate for pin formation and fruit development. Cubes don't need a casing layer if you spawn (mix/layer) your grains/crumbled pf jars to a bulk substrate like coir/poo, coir/casting, straw, straw/poo, straw/castings or just hpoo or donkey doo. There are rez effect teks and invitro teks out there that work on a similar principal, but that's another story...
    IMO, you can get great results just by casing your crumbled PF jars. Casing is just one more step, although using straw and hpoo is my favorite plan of action. There are so many ways to grow these things, have a blast!
I've never used fastblast, but if you choose to go that route, I'm sure someone will chime in on those goodies.

crystalpoint

yeah man theres a million ways to do this stuff, you just gotta find the one that fits you best, fastblast is great and all but by no means necessary. the way i approached it when i first started was to see what i had on hand, what i could find, found a tek that worked with what i had, and took a stab at it. you'll find, as im sure you already have, a wealth of info on this site and others as well as good folks to help you along the way. IMO this hobby should be approached with complete abandon, save for following teks, nothing should be absolutely in stone. have fun above all else, thats what the spirit of the hobby is. to answer the question about fb, its just an additive, it gives your mush the extra nutes and protein it needs to do its best, its not a substrate, which is what i think you mean when you say casing. it also wont stand alone as mush food, you need something else like poo, straw, etc. as soon as I get a little cash to do it im gonna send out a bunch of 100 gram samples of it to folks here so they can give it a shot, its mostly been a shroomotopia thing but this board is cool as hell too, gotta love a chill community of folks who help and not hinder.

Vandal_xx

I'm just doing pf jars right now... Hope to up my game soon, but having a hard time finding time right now. Could I add some fastblast to my BRF and VERM mix before I innoc??

chains

cheers for the info crystalpoint i'll get back to you in the summer when i start my project if i want some  :mellow:

crystalpoint

awesome chains, you know where to find me. vandal you can add it to brf jars, just have to weigh your sub and add the right amount, but as for faster growth im not sure if it will help pf tek much, not to say it wont but ive never done pf tek, only bulk so i cant give you a 100% definite answer on that.

Vandal_xx

crystalpoint

my bad its 25g per kilo, not 2.5