First try and few question...

Started by Hitman, May 09, 2010, 11:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman

First of all sorry about my bad and weak English :)

I am new for cultivating mushroom and this is my first try.

I have a few question for you...

1) I use digital hydrometer and my RH level between 94-100 but i cant see water drops on the box.
is this a problem or the water drops is necessary for the correct terrarium?..

2) What do you think about this cake... Is it blue bruising or contaminaion????

3) I use perlit and cold fluorescent lamb (8 hours a day)... and I use automatic fan for CO2 (two times, 15 minute in a day). am i do wrong or correct?

What is your opinnions about my cultivation.

Thanks for everyone...

chains

That all sounds good to me hitman!
Would be nice to see some pics  :ph34r:
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

Hitman

here it is...

Hitman

i am waiting for experienced cultivators comments and advices ...  ^_^

Vandal_xx

All I can say is dunk and roll. It takes soo little time and the results are so much better. Also, make sure that your flour. light is warm enough to trigget pinning. For my nothing worked better than indirect light from the sun the way nature intended. your cakes look like they have a little bruising on them from birthing them from your jar. Should be okay. Good luck and have patience. Does your Hydrometer read 80%? Your need to get that up.
Feel good before dying!!!!!

Hitman

Actual RH is between 90-100. when i open the box for taking picture, RH decrease a little bit :)

i want to ask something??? what is your opinions about water drops? as you can see, no water drops around my box... is this a problem or not??? (or my hydrometer doesn't work well???)

tritone

Quote from: Hitman on May 10, 2010, 05:41:19 AM
Actual RH is between 90-100. when i open the box for taking picture, RH decrease a little bit :)

i want to ask something??? what is your opinions about water drops? as you can see, no water drops around my box... is this a problem or not??? (or my hydrometer doesn't work well???)
Trust your instinct...I would think if humidity is 100% inside a container that should generate dew... bit I'm a "shroomeevirgin" cheers

dub504

I've used home hydrometers like that before and they tend to go bad from all the moisture in the FC and just don't seem to be very accurate. I now use a digital one for reptile terrariums. It cost a little more but it's been working great for a year now.
    Water droplets form depending on your local temp/humidity outside of your FC, kind of the balance between the two. In the winter my FC will have the water droplets and in the summer not so much.
    You should definitely dunk and roll your cakes next time it helps a lot.
    The light you are using should be on the blue end of the spectrum. "Daylight" and UV blacklights work work well.
    The only question I have about your FC is... I wonder if the red tinted transparent plastic is stopping the blue light wavelengths from reaching your cakes. Time will tell.
GL

Vandal_xx

like dub said... The lack of water droplets is not a big deal. The water droplets are condensation. Like a glass of cold water in a warm room. If the room is the same  temp as the water no droplets will form. Just make sure that your hydrometer is correct. Did you calibrate it? If you do a search on this website it will tell you how to check the calibration. GOOD LUCK BRO!!!
Just trying out this marquee tool. Pretty cool!

Hitman

Thank you for answers  fellas :ph34r:
Now i am waiting for pinning my cakes... if they fruit i add new photos...  :mellow:

chains

cant wait for the photo's hitman!! Good luck  :mellow:
we're all gonna die... So lets get high!!

Fun Guy

I think you need to change a few things to be honest.  One thing is you dont have nearly enough perlite in that FC.  I can see the bottom of the FC on the corners.  You should have a good 2 or 3 inches of perlite minimum in my opinion.  Next that red plastic chamber is out.  Go find a Clear one or a solid one with a clear top.  or find a solid one and cut a peice of plexiglass to fit on top.  you can use a bit of rubber window seal or foam to seal the top between lid and bottom.  next that fan idea is ok but I have found that a little water at the bottom and a fish tank air pump with a bubbler in the water will help with humidity and take care of all the FAE that you need. Lastly you need to study up on Casing.  I know that it is your first time but Casing is not that hard and it helps to alleviate any problems due to low Humidity.  But if your not gonna Case then you def need to dunk and roll.  This hobby requires discipline and if your gonna half ass it then you are not gonna get results.  GL hope this helps.  maybe not what u wanna hear but fuck it you want shrooms right?

Vandal_xx

Hey FunGuy... you said "but fuck it" ha ha

Hitman

after your advice i decide to dunk my cakes and this is the result.....

Hitman

and i have i new questions for you... can you identify these musrooms... what is these mushrooms species. i think some kind of cubensis but what kind of cubensis???????